Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - Dd's hair looks like a chip pan

(15 Posts)
Posey Mon 23-May-05 18:02:47

I desperately need some help!
Dd does a lot of swimming and the hairdresser recommended using a leave in conditioner. I got a coconut oil one but think I used far too much . Now dd's gorgeous hair looks like you could fry chips in it . I've tried washing up liquid as recommended by someone and its helped a bit but not enough.

PLEASE PLEASE what can I do? Dd went to school with it today but I'd really like it to be normal tomorrow.

Enid Mon 23-May-05 18:03:50

washing up liquid usually does the trick - try again and leave on the lather for a while

SoupDragon Mon 23-May-05 18:13:46

Keep washing it I guess...

The Dove & body shop cream leave in conditioners that come in a bottle pump dispenser are good.

Posey Mon 23-May-05 18:30:26

Thanks!
Will get the fairy liquid out again and go in search of a better conditioner tomorrow

marmar Mon 23-May-05 18:32:06

no it sounds duff but buy a real cheep shampoo as thay have more soap and less oils and wash with luke warm water as hot water brings out hairs natural oils

WigWamBam Mon 23-May-05 18:40:39

You can get clarifying shampoos which can help get rid of build-up of products in the hair, one of those might help.

You could also try putting the shampoo onto her hair while it's dry, rubbing it thorugh, washing it out and then washing it wet. That sometimes helps with really greasy hair.

moschops Mon 23-May-05 18:42:56

this may sound odd and not sure if you've tried it but put the shampoo on BEFORE you wet her hair..........this is what you are supposed to do to get particularly stubborn styling products out (like heavy wax).

so on dry hair put some shampoo on and comb it through.........try and rub it in if you can and then rinse it, and reapply shampoo to wet hair.

another trick is to put talc onto dry hair and leave it for a while and then wash hair.........it should help soak some of the oil off the surface of the hair.

moschops Mon 23-May-05 18:43:48

oops crossed posts with WWB!!!

WigWamBam Mon 23-May-05 18:46:22

Obviously a good tip then, moschops

Posey Mon 23-May-05 20:17:31

Fabulous, thanks guys. The conditioner resembled the "Black and White" hair goo that dh uses.

Anyway, I used washing up liquid on dry hair, wrapped it in a turbietowel for a while then washed it out with some crappy shampoo. (Don't have any of that de-gunking shampoo as I don't use any products). Its looking loads better now, certainly will invite no comment from school friends tomorrow

Dd said to say you lot are fab

Enid Tue 24-May-05 08:58:17

I wash my hair with washing up liquid every now and again

It completely strips off all the silicon build up you get with shampoos and conditioners

desperatehousewife Tue 24-May-05 09:03:21

god, you learn something every day on here! how much washing up liquid do you use?

THe best leave in conditioner I've found is Aussie Leave in Spray Conditioner. It's fab - not at all heavy.

handlemecarefully Tue 24-May-05 09:08:21

Posey,

Has your dd forgiven you yet

Enid Tue 24-May-05 13:51:58

a tiny bit!

Posey Tue 24-May-05 21:52:02

HandleMC - you know, she was so cool about it. I wouldn't have blamed her had she had a tantrum before school. She just got a bit bored of all the washing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now