Talk

Advanced search

Would you drive an Orange car?!

(38 Posts)
Thelongroadhome Wed 29-Jul-09 11:19:39

Have been looking for a people carrier and having trouble getting one at the right price, right mileage etc. Now a bright orange one that would be perfect otherwise has come up for sale but I really dont fancy an orange car and cant decide if I'm being ridiculous. Please tell me!

schneebly Wed 29-Jul-09 11:21:57

If it is completely suitable and a good price I would get it...you will soon get used to the hideous colour and at least you will find it easily in car parks!

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 29-Jul-09 11:43:17

no I would not.

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 29-Jul-09 11:44:38

It's personal though. I care about the colour of the car I drive and what it looks like. Not to an obsessive degree but it would stop me buying an orange, yellow or white car. I am also not keen on red.

Of course, if it was all I could afford then I would suck it up and get on with it.

SausageRocket Wed 29-Jul-09 11:47:16

No. I wouldn't choose an orange car

PerArduaAdNauseum Wed 29-Jul-09 11:48:44

Is it a 'flat' orange? Ours is a metallic bronzey orange and I quite like it (was ex showroom so lots of money off with only 70 miles on the clock), but did take some getting used to.

makedoandmend Wed 29-Jul-09 11:51:02

My teenage years were scarred by the orange allegro my dad had. Worse was the fact we then became a two car family... by buying a brown allegro for my mum sad

spinspinsugar Wed 29-Jul-09 11:53:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 29-Jul-09 11:54:47

I would choose an orange car on purpose.

I am forever losing our silver one in the carpark. It will make you feel cheery every morning!

expatinscotland Wed 29-Jul-09 11:56:19

if it were free i would.

schneebly Wed 29-Jul-09 11:59:14

Aw come one people it is a car..if it ticks all the other boxes then surely the colour doesn't matter?

It is like saying you would not marry your otherwise perfect bloke just because he has red hair or something!

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 29-Jul-09 11:59:17

easy to find in car parks
stand out on windy country lanes
less likely to get stolen

muffle Wed 29-Jul-09 11:59:19

Yes I'd love an orange car - my favourite colour. Proper bright orange though, like an orange VW beetle colour - I don't like that weird metallic kind of foxy browny-orange I've seen around.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 29-Jul-09 12:00:40

winding not windy, obv. blush

BCNS Wed 29-Jul-09 12:03:54

I have a metallicy orange car.. not by choice of colour.. but it was better spec with lower milage and in better condition imo that the metalic silver grey one which was also the same price, same make and older.. I guess the colour reflected the price.. but TBH.. i no longer notice the colour.. and as soon as you get in and drive you don't really see the colour anyway.

so I went for the better car rather than being ut off by the colour.

themoon Wed 29-Jul-09 12:04:01

Tangoed

pofacedandproud Wed 29-Jul-09 12:04:19

i would as highly visible on the road.

spinspinsugar Wed 29-Jul-09 12:22:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thelongroadhome Wed 29-Jul-09 13:06:33

I am laughing at these replies especially thought of scarred childhoods from orange and brown allegros! Have had folk at work discussing it too and mixed response from people who like orange to those of us who dont and think (like themoon) that I will have been tangoed . I emailed a pal who reminded me about her burnt orange fleece that I always slag off. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Will see if I can link the colour - cant risk the real link in case someone runs off and snaps it up!

Thelongroadhome Wed 29-Jul-09 13:14:08

Here we go -

http://scotland.local.thesun.co.uk/vehicle/-/colororange/condition_used/make_ford/modelgalaxy/

Its a bit of a small picture but shows its not too bright .... [tries to convince herself]

sockmonkey Wed 29-Jul-09 13:29:21

My Dad had an orange astra (company car so no choice in it)
I have grown up relatively normal <twitches>

sazm Wed 29-Jul-09 13:40:38

which one??the one in dundee?its not orange?

sockmonkey Wed 29-Jul-09 13:57:22

My DSis's first car was kind of a metallic beige. First thing she said was "It's not brown, it's champagne"
Maybe calling it something other than orange will help grin

Thelongroadhome Wed 29-Jul-09 14:09:24

Its this one

Then you need to scroll down to Seafield Motors.

Does Amber sound any better wink

TitsalinaBumsquash Wed 29-Jul-09 14:12:00

I would but i don't think DP would, we are currently looking at a car which is great for us but its pea green, i know if we get it DP will get the piss taken out of him at work and he wont want it anymore.... We have in the past had a banana Yellow car!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now