Talk

Advanced search

Would dp be allowed to wear shorts at the swimming baths ??

(11 Posts)
nutcracker Sun 22-May-05 14:29:08

Or do they usually insist on proper swimwear ???

We have never ever taken our kids swimming unless on holiday and as the kids are moaning I just suggested we take them now. Dp has said no because he only has shorts and they are not swimming shorts just addidas normal shorts.

Could quite honestly smack him one because i have told him to buy some several times now.

elsmommy Sun 22-May-05 14:30:17

My dp does - no ones ever said anything
Hes got no excuse now

Freckle Sun 22-May-05 14:37:12

Shorts, be they swimming ones or otherwise, seem to be de rigueur these days. My boys get quite shirty if their shorts are in the wash and they have to wear trunks.

nutcracker Sun 22-May-05 14:39:22

Have just told him but he is convinced he will be refuses entry.

tabitha Sun 22-May-05 14:39:35

When I went camping in France (two years ago) the brochure said something like 'shorts are not permitted in the campsite pool'.
When we got there, we found that almost all the men/boys were wearing shorts as opposed to trunks and nobody bothered at all.
Good job we didn't fork out on trunks.

nutcracker Sun 22-May-05 14:39:48

refused even

Freckle Sun 22-May-05 14:40:32

Well there's only one way to find out, isn't there??

nutcracker Sun 22-May-05 14:45:43

It's times like this i really wish i could drive, although i'm not sure i could manage with all 3 kids in the pool on my own.

Pinotmum Sun 22-May-05 15:02:33

Buy some on the way or you may even be able to buy some there, no excuses

nutcracker Sun 22-May-05 15:09:12

Just suggested that but he screwed his face up.

He has gone to peel the spuds now so we won't be going cos he'll find something else to faff about with once he's done that

Pinotmum Sun 22-May-05 15:13:45

Aww, nevermind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now