Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

if you invited...

(14 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Sat 21-May-05 20:00:57

4 kids from nursery whose parents you knew to say hello to (but no more) to a birthday party the day beforehand, would you expect any of them to show up?

Blossomhill Sat 21-May-05 20:01:50

Well if they said they would come then yes I would!

Satine Sat 21-May-05 20:02:03

Yes! Unless they'd said that they couldn't make it. Did you ask them face to face? If it was a written invitation I spose they might all be busy.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 21-May-05 20:03:07

no, they pick up at different times so I left a note for them all. Not one so much as phoned to say yes or no. now feeling a bit sorry for myself - I know it was short notice, but am pissed off.

Pruni Sat 21-May-05 20:03:20

Message withdrawn

Pruni Sat 21-May-05 20:04:17

Message withdrawn

soapbox Sat 21-May-05 20:05:51

Whether they could come or not - I think they should have let you know!

I would be fuming if they didn't bother to let me know!

SenoraPostrophe Sat 21-May-05 20:07:22

apparently its the Spanish way.

I rarely have plans (unless I'm working) the day before - perhaps you just expect others to be like you.

WigWamBam Sat 21-May-05 20:07:30

Perhaps they thought that as the invitation was for the following day they were only being invited as afterthoughts to make up the numbers. I probably would have thought that (but then I'm paranoid )

bubblerock Sat 21-May-05 20:08:57

Last year we had a party for DS1 at a local Brewsters and I invited 8 kids well in advance and paid for the party - 4 didn't bother to show up, I was sooo angry I had to stay away from school for a while as I really wanted to punch the parents - how did they think it made my DS feel???? Ok must calm down now....

I think it was just because I wasn't a 'chat in the playground' kind of Mum, most of the time my DH took him so their wasn't much opportunity

Crikey - can you tell you've hit a nerve with me

Hope they turn up and you have a fun time!

bubblerock Sat 21-May-05 20:10:15

Oh..was it today? Sorry, It's gutting isn't it?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 21-May-05 20:10:43

yeah, could have been worse - I didn't expect many to show so I didn't tell dd there was a party. As far as she was concerned the boy from next door came round and there were some balloons.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 21-May-05 20:11:39

no, it was wednesday. I'm feeling sorry for myself now because it's the first chance I've had and I've had a crap day. and we did have a nice afternoon...

WideWebWitch Sat 21-May-05 20:49:01

Sorry you had a bad day Senora, hope next week is better. It was short notice, I bet that's it. Or maybe they didn't get the notes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now