Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The male pill

(11 Posts)
upfordiscussion Sat 21-May-05 13:05:29

I saw this and thought to myself "how very fooking interesting" and thought the wider mumsnet population may like to comment

www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/ u-v/usher/2005/usher022005.htm - 27k -

foxd Sat 21-May-05 13:38:25

I couldnt find the web page, its been moved or somet.

tiffini Sat 21-May-05 13:42:54

\link{www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/ u-v/usher/2005/usher022005.htm - 27k -\this?}

tiffini Sat 21-May-05 13:43:27

obviously not!!

happymerryberries Sat 21-May-05 13:45:25

Couldn't find the link, sorry

elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 13:46:22

Don't think I'd trust dp to take the pill!!!
Plus he'd never have time to go to the docs and sort it out!!!

elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 13:48:42

try this

foxd Sat 21-May-05 13:53:04

No I don't think Id trust dh to take pil either. I'm terrible remembering to take mine so have needed to have the coil fitted. Now something like that for men I would possibly trust.

upfordiscussion Sat 21-May-05 14:40:45

just some of the comments that cought my eye

"The women’s sexual liberation movement was more about creating a matriarchy than anything else."

"Over the years, I have worked with thousands of men who, in my opinion, were raped. “Rape” is the act of forcing one’s reproductive capacity on another person. But law only recognizes this act when a man does it via physical force and violence. "

"So we have it. Despite having the most effective birth control methods available in the history of womankind, women have taken reproductive advantage of men in astonishing numbers. The really sick part is that society blames this all on men, who have very little control over contraception at all. "

coppertop Sat 21-May-05 14:54:34

Erm...what about the condom? Unless there is an allergy issue then why not use a condom? No contraception is 100% effective (except abstinence ) but if a man is certain he doesn't want children yet then this will reduce the chances surely?

As for whether I would trust dh to take the male pill - yes I would. He's far better at remembering to take pills than I am. If he was happy to take it then I would support him in that decision.

Tortington Sat 21-May-05 16:32:34

but supposing the man "trusts" the woman and she betrays his trust by "raping him" ( as per the definition in the article)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now