Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Every soddin' Friday PM I come accross the same police car...

(18 Posts)
Branster Fri 20-May-05 21:51:11

with the same policeman driving it , always staring at me! WTF?!

Fridays I have to go to an office, always leave at about the same hour, always park on the same street, always driving the same way home.

And in the last few weeks I keep seing this police car driving from the other sirection on my way back home.

I'm always careful to avoid looking at police cars when driving, just in case I'm doing something wrong , yet this one, for some misterious reason makes me look, and without a fail this chap always stares at me, literally turning his head around at me.

Today as I walked towards my car, the street was quiet, maybe a couple of cars drove past. When I got in my car I saw him parked ahead of my car. He must have stopped when I had my back turned because I did not see it when I went past the place he parked. I got in my car and glanced up at the road, I was surprised to see the car in front of me (cars were facing each other as I was parked on the wrong side as it were), and this guy was looking straight at me and I couldn't move my eyes away from him. Felt incredibly stupid and was self-checking to see what it was that I did wrong. Then I put my sunglasses on , he drove off, went past me, turned his head, looked straight at me and he was gone.

The trouble is, I can never see exactly how he looks like, I know he's young and that's about it. i don't feel uneasy as such, or scared or anything. I know a lot of policemen so I don't have a problem with them, i have a clear conscience and all that, yet something is weird here.

Now I imagined these policemen look at someone if they think something is suspicious. Yet I am always minding my own bussiness, never upset anyone, don't drop litter on the street, don't drive chaotically, my car is in good order, as far as I am aware I don't look like a criminal. What is wrong then? Am getting slightly paranoid? Surely if I did something wrong, or he thought something was not right, he would come and talk to me?

Just had to mention this to someone, DH wouldn't be interested in my weird stories! . Thanks for listening.

Anyone had this happened to them? Were you arrested afterwards??

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 21:53:10

lol. Sorry honey. Maybe he fancies you?

Sorry, shouldn't be flippant. Haven't had this.

Branster Fri 20-May-05 21:54:35

Aaaaaaaaa. See I didn't think of that! If that was the case he's certainly not going abpout it the ight way! Must take a better look next time see if he looks promising. I might get done for harrassing him!

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 21:56:30

I think your DH will be glad of that!

Branster Fri 20-May-05 21:58:40

can you imagine!? DH would get peace and quite with me out of the way!

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 22:03:29

Caligula Fri 20-May-05 22:07:31

Change your routine.

Are you sure it's really a police-car?!

Branster Fri 20-May-05 22:09:24

yes, it's deffinetly a real police car, with a real policeman!
I'll park somewherelse next time a drive a different way for a change. Hopefully he'll be on a different shift?

Caligula Fri 20-May-05 22:11:30

Well that's what makes me wonder. Depending on his rank, surely he'd be on shifts and not be able to turn up at the same time every week.

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 22:14:39

id go up to his window, tap on it and ask him if there's something wrong?

Branster Fri 20-May-05 22:20:33

I've noticed happenning over the last month or so. I think they have about 4 or 5 weeks rota. Not sure.

I can't approach him because if it's pure coincidence I'd look really stupid, then he's sure to keep an eye on me, isn't he. Or THEM. What if there's more than one and it's all a conspiracy against me??!! what then?

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 22:24:58

Maybe they think you have a long criminal record and they are watching you because of some fraud you've committed. I think that perhaps you have an offshore account that is filled with the proceeds of your ill gotten gain. I think that this policeman is there as a red herring and that the real undercover cops are following you.

So Branster..... tell us the truth

Skribble Fri 20-May-05 22:30:43

I would consider taking the registration and enquiring on the phone at your local station you don't have to give your name. Give them the registration and say you've seen the car sitting at the location a lot. You could even say you work somewhere else at that nearby if it makes you feel better.

They probably won't give you any details but they will check up on the driver if they are not to be there.

Could be purely coincidence but I know how it feels to think your under suspision, maybe finish earlier or later a couple of times to vary your routine until its checked out.

Branster Fri 20-May-05 22:39:03

lol MarsLady. I must cover my tracks quickly! You may be right!!! Must put the money in DH's name asap.

Uh, i wouldn't like to enquire because he may well be minding his own bussiness and I might get him into trouble. I imagine the police take any sort of allegations seriously and they might investigate the poor guy when he hasn't done anything probably. Today was actually the only time I saw him parked on that street. He was only there for up tp two minutes, not on his phone or anything so there was really no reason as far as I can tell, for him to stop. I used to see him on the road that this street leads to, always whilst driving, me one way, this car the other way and at different points on the road. Once whilst i was waiting in a long queue at the traffic lights and he was driving on the other side. That was the first time I noticed him looking straight at me and thought it spooky as there were loads of cars and he could have looked at any of the other ones. Especially as I drive a very ordinary car and it doesn't stand out.

Oh, i don't know. i shpouldn't be thinking about it that much maybe.

Branster Fri 20-May-05 22:40:08

I will try and get the reg no though, just to make absoluitely sure it's the same car. Although i know it's teh same car and the same driver. Don't know how I know because I haven't taken any details, but my instinct is always right.

Skribble Fri 20-May-05 22:43:18

Is there a police station nearby it could just be the route they take.

I would still enquire but not accuse of anything at most he will get in troble for not being where he should be if that is the case.

Just kid on your a net curtain twitcher aged 70+.

If you don't make an official complaint they can't take it any further anyway, so it will just be his shift sergent asking wheres he's been.

rickman Fri 20-May-05 22:45:25

Message withdrawn

Branster Fri 20-May-05 22:54:35

there are always police cars in that area, but only this one feels peculiar.

i'll discreetly try and get the no if i come accross it again. failing that i'll wink at him and see what happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now