Talk

Advanced search

how to avoid being on TV?

(20 Posts)
bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 20:05:30

is anyone aware of that programme The truth about crime", filming with the emergency services in oxford 24 hours a day seven days a week for 2 weeks?

Have they started filming yet?

the first programme tomorrow might so maybe they are starting then if its live but dont know if it live or not

after fleeing from a differnt area because of terrible harassment am terrified, havent seen any cameras but maybe they could be filming from inside police cars so i wouldnt notice them?

southeastastra Mon 20-Jul-09 20:07:34

if they're just targetting emergency services why would they get you? (unless you harrass the police whilst drunk)

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 20:15:23

As long as you don't kick off or anything you should be OK - they'll be filming drunk teens and joyriders and the like I expect.

Might be an idea to avoid evenings out in town for those 2 weeks.

Can understand your concern but really they won't be interested in people not in trouble.

Unless you work in the hospital or something?

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 20-Jul-09 20:17:16

don't do anything to get arrested.

If you do come into contact with the emergency services then tell them and make sure they protect your identity.

Are you likely to come into contact with them?

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 20:23:45

just found a page on the internet actualy, looks like the filming has been completed already, mainly had a crew at the hospital waiting for serious injuries, and said the police shoed them their weapons in the back of the car so maybe thats on camera.

looks like they filmed city centre at night by the pubs and i havent been about then

i alwys cross over if i see a camera when i'm out, i hate the factthat people can jst film you and show it on tv without asking you if thats ok

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 20:26:03

oh god, just read that site again, it also says as they were cruising round quiet streets with the police, so they were probably filming out f the window then and i live on a main road round the cornber from the police station

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 20:29:06

OK. The chances of them capturing you on film, showing that particular clip, and of the person/people who were harassing you seeing it are incredibly low. Just really really unlikely.

I know that that isn't much help and can understand your fears but that is th best I can do. It is probably as likely that all that will happen as you winning the lottery.

Sagacious Mon 20-Jul-09 20:29:20

You sound a bit paranoid TBH (understatement)

I doubt they're poking camera's through random net curtains

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 20:49:14

i know i am paranoid but what i went through was absolutely atrocious and i even stopped contacting my family as i couldn't trust them to keep my wherabouts confidential. I am not concerned about filming through net curtains, but it says they were cruising through quiet streets, so even when nothing exciting was happening they could have been filming.

The main person who hassled me may not be watching although there are three programmes in all so 3 chances to be seen but someone may see me and pass this on. i know i am paranoid but the harrassment was awful, and i only use the word harassment as some idea of why i am scared, it was much much worse than basic harassment

TheWorstWitch Mon 20-Jul-09 20:49:38

bbfluff - I;m a TV producer. If you ever see a camera filming what seems to be random people on the street, etc. Just let the camera crew that you want to make sure that you are not shown in anyway.

When we film in public places we often put notices up with a contact name and number for people like yourself.

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 20:55:15

thanks worst witch (and tinofspam), obviously thought they ahve already done all the filming so its too late to tell them that i don't waqnt to be on it. Like i said i didnt see any cameras only one person the other day standing with a still camera, but not looking through it, i turned away straight away, once i think i was caught on camera i asked what it was for, they said a publc website and they said they would make sure i wasnt on it, but this time i have not seen anyone filming, its just in case they were in a police car and filming through the window as they drove past me

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 21:33:55

worstwitch might know better than me but the "quiet street" shots would maybe be filmed on the street, with a proper camera, for quality? Film of quiet street through a car window would be a bit crap I'd have thought.

Honestly the chances are super extra low - same as chance of you beiong chosen to go to the international space station for a diplomatic mission. promise.

Do your local police know about your situation? Might be good to make them aware. Make you feel more secure.

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 21:40:06

no police don't. had no problems yet since i've been here. Have now seen a clip on the bbc website it shows a very uncleare as people were running clip on the street in the dark, filming at hospital a and e dept, filming pupils at school, looks like most people were aware of being filmed as actually interviewed etc but the first bit of clip is very worrying "we have taken one city and swamped it with cameras"

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 21:57:20

Believe what you have seen ie blurry on streets after night and people knowing they are being filmed, rather than rhetoric "taking one city and swaming it with cameras" really they wouldn't bother it would cost a bomb. They will only have filmed interesting stuff ie not you doing your shopping.

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 22:10:07

thanks tinofspam, i know i am paranoid and you are very understanding, i have often said that even oford is too close and i will never feel really safe whilst in this country, but every time i start to realx a bit something like this happens and i start panicking

TheWorstWitch Mon 20-Jul-09 22:25:33

bbfluff - I'm really sorry to hear about your predicament. I'm sure you're not featured (think it would have been very obvious if you were being filmed). Is this the series you're talking about? If so, you can always phone up the production company (Films of Record) to talk to the producer about your worries. They should take this matter very seriously.

bbfluff Mon 20-Jul-09 22:30:54

yes thats the programme i'm talkinga bout, the trouble is its on tomorrow, so they can't really do anything about it can they? They won't have time to edit it to take it out?

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 22:55:32

OK so the people who were horrible see you on film. (they won't I promise - you won't be on film and they won't be watching even if you did). But worst case scenario there is 2 secs of you walking down the road -really what can anyone do with that?

And if they are that bad that they would go and search oxford on the basis of 2 secs of TV - i do think it would be worth letting the police know that you have this situation. More for your own peace of mind than anything else.

Really they will not have filmed you. And like worstwitch says call them. I am sure you will not be on the program and they will be able
to reassure.

TheWorstWitch Mon 20-Jul-09 22:55:54

yes, they can.
I'm pretty sure you won't be in it, but if you are they can blur your face. It's a rush job and they won;t be happy, but they could get into trouble if you, having raised the issue with them, suffer harassment as a consequence of being featured in the series.

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 20-Jul-09 22:56:43

Worstwitch talks sense.

Call them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now