ja9 Fri 20-May-05 15:58:59

can you tell me exactly what you think this means - for a female? please

TIA

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:00:38

day or evening?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:04:58

evening. a reunion dinner.

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 16:12:37

It means you can wear a lovely long dress. With gorgeous jewellery, do your face and sip champagne.

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:13:53

Actually I would not wear a long dress to an evening do with that dress code.

I would only wear a long dress to a Black Tie do.

For your do. I would wear a cocktail dress.

annh Fri 20-May-05 16:17:45

Agre with Flum that a full-length dress is not called for. I would think more along the lines of the type of dress that you would wear to a wedding would be suitable - something knee-length, maybe sleeveless with some frills or flounces to dress it up and a pashmina to keep you warm. Like the kind of thing that Monsoon do well - does that make any sense?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:18:33

what do you mean by cocktail dress? is that just a shorter 'evening' dress?

Have visions of a coctail dress being knee length, pink or red and with net ruffle round bottom of dress!!!????

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:19:55

ok. its not until october - invite just through now. so probably something dark or black?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:20:23

what about a 'glitzy' trouser suit? yeh or neh?

bibiboo Fri 20-May-05 17:32:04

I'd day no to the trouser suit unless it is something really special. Knee-length dress (not full length) would be what i'd go for, something beautiful but not too showy - could be dressed up or down dpending on ocasion - you may get some more info about what others plan to wear closer to the time and pick up a bargani int he July/August sales.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now