ja9 Fri 20-May-05 15:58:59

can you tell me exactly what you think this means - for a female? please

TIA

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:00:38

day or evening?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:04:58

evening. a reunion dinner.

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 16:12:37

It means you can wear a lovely long dress. With gorgeous jewellery, do your face and sip champagne.

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:13:53

Actually I would not wear a long dress to an evening do with that dress code.

I would only wear a long dress to a Black Tie do.

For your do. I would wear a cocktail dress.

annh Fri 20-May-05 16:17:45

Agre with Flum that a full-length dress is not called for. I would think more along the lines of the type of dress that you would wear to a wedding would be suitable - something knee-length, maybe sleeveless with some frills or flounces to dress it up and a pashmina to keep you warm. Like the kind of thing that Monsoon do well - does that make any sense?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:18:33

what do you mean by cocktail dress? is that just a shorter 'evening' dress?

Have visions of a coctail dress being knee length, pink or red and with net ruffle round bottom of dress!!!????

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:19:55

ok. its not until october - invite just through now. so probably something dark or black?

ja9 Fri 20-May-05 16:20:23

what about a 'glitzy' trouser suit? yeh or neh?

bibiboo Fri 20-May-05 17:32:04

I'd day no to the trouser suit unless it is something really special. Knee-length dress (not full length) would be what i'd go for, something beautiful but not too showy - could be dressed up or down dpending on ocasion - you may get some more info about what others plan to wear closer to the time and pick up a bargani int he July/August sales.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: