Talk

Advanced search

"Bruno" the Magic Boy - for Batters and everyone else

(32 Posts)
Marina Fri 20-May-05 14:37:09

Go on Enid, it's Friday and we could all do with a smile. Something which the very thought of young Bruno and his collection of stones always beings to my face.
How did dd1's playdate go?

Enid Fri 20-May-05 16:43:35

OK. They had a lovely time running around outside in his garden. I went to pick dd1 up at 5.30ish and ended up chatting to Bruno's mum in the garden. Bruno's 'papa' appears with a face like thunder "X, (mum of Bruno - moB ) you do realise there are two children, one of whom looks suspiciously like Bruno, running off down the lane"

So we rushed out of the house, down the lane and discovered them both sitting in a tree looking guilty. Dd1 got down and came over to me. Bruno remained defiant. When his mum went to get him down he yelled "Cave! Cave! Beware all ye who enter here!" threw himself off the tree and then went into the most amazing 'magic' routine - casting spells with his hands, explosion noises, karate kicks, yelling all the time; "can you see my magic, can you? can you dd1? can you see it"

truly impressive

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:46:58

what a delight. is his name really Bruno or is it Tarquin

WideWebWitch Fri 20-May-05 16:47:40

Is he the one with vintage Champagne tin instead of a lunch box by any chance?

snafu Fri 20-May-05 16:48:10

Fabulous. He is a gem.

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 16:48:54

Oh that's womderful!! Can you point me in the direction of more Bruno tales?? He sounds fantastic!

dinosaur Fri 20-May-05 16:50:22

Collection of stones?? Anybody else out there thinking what I'm thinking?

snafu Fri 20-May-05 16:51:42

I always imagine Bruno looks rather like this

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:52:21

No Dinosaur - Are you a Tory?

dinosaur Fri 20-May-05 16:53:23

No, but I'm the mother of an ASD child. Collections of odd things ring autie bells in my mind.

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 16:54:32

Please tell me more about Bruno, he sounds lovely

(crossed my mind too, dinosaur!)

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:54:51

Oh my God all the little boys I know collect odd things.

Some of the big boys I know do to for that matter.

snafu Fri 20-May-05 16:55:52

Good Bruno thread

dinosaur Fri 20-May-05 16:57:52

He's into whales...that's very DS1.

Enid Fri 20-May-05 16:58:58

He is lovely really although quite strange and different to what I am used to

Bruno fact 1: He DOES look a bit like fotherington tomas (he has the hair).

Bruno fact 2: He has a vintage Moet tin instead of a lunchbox

Bruno fact 3: he collects stones obsessively

Bruno fact 4: he knows the name of almost every plant in the area (me: "so whats that called then?" Bruno: "I don't know actually" me (delighted) "Ha! Its valerian!")

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 17:02:04

He does sound wonderful

dinosaur Fri 20-May-05 17:06:01

I think he'd fit in quite well in these parts, Enid!

Recently had Doddle's two DSs (who are both very bright and avid collectors of Animal Facts) to stay overnight - combined with DS1 it sounded like we had a convention of mini-marine biologists in the house. Bathtime conversation, (all three insisted on getting in together) a propos of some little toy sea-creatures : "It's a narwhal." "No, it's a bottle-nosed dolphin." "No, it's an icthyosaurus."

SoupDragon Fri 20-May-05 17:07:40

lol!

tamum Fri 20-May-05 17:10:30

I love the sound of Bruno. I also love Bruno's dad having taken the time to think up a witty description of what was going on, rather than going and fetching them back

Brunofan Fri 20-May-05 17:21:38

someone's flattened his moet tin round his waist to make a belt! he looks older than 5 tho!

aloha Fri 20-May-05 17:37:01

Ooh, do you think Fotherington Tomas is wearing a tank top, at all?

tamum Fri 20-May-05 17:39:18

Completely off-topic, but dinosaur's post reminded me of a funny cartoon dh showed me- ther was a disconsolate-looking man pasting up a big poster for the Conservative Party saying "That wasn't what we were thinking".

Enid Fri 20-May-05 17:41:35

lol tamum

aloha, he does wear tanktops. and tattersall check shirts and cords. Or very tattered handknitted sweaters. He also has a very shrunken holey spiderman suit which he wears to parties. and you'd love his coat, a bottle green duffle from Rachel riley

Enid Fri 20-May-05 17:42:11

god I can't do this anymore in case someone identifies him his mum would think I was the oddest, weirdest person alive.

aloha Fri 20-May-05 17:45:03

Oh (says Aloha, rapturously) he sounds marvellous! I have my eye on the boys gingham shirts in the Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue atm. I think an old champagne tin is v stylish. Hello birds, hello sky...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now