Talk

Advanced search

That ad for turning your old gold into cash

(5 Posts)
LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 09:47:56

Sorry been watching way too much daytime tv while off sick. The ad on More4 where the guy suggests you stick all your unwanted gold in an envelope and they send you the cash value hmm. Anyone else find the actor a bit creepy - he doesn't blink just stares into camera!

Bumperslucious Sat 18-Jul-09 10:17:29

I know, tis bizarre. You're supposed to stick all your gold in an envelope and wait for a cheque, of what? £8.76? Why would anyone do that? Yet they must else why would they advertise like that?

TsarChasm Sat 18-Jul-09 10:33:40

Weird isn't it?

Mind you I've been wondering what on earth to do with all this gold cluttering up the place..hmmgrin

Quite often we have a rather shady duo come round knocking on doors doing this; offering cash for old jewellery.

I can't imagine who on earth would actually invite them in on a quiet afternoon to discuss it tbh. They're quite sinister.

ruddynorah Sat 18-Jul-09 10:35:33

i think it's aimed at people with 'mum' rings, wobbly clown pendants and big creole earrings IYSWIM.

TheArmadillo Sat 18-Jul-09 17:25:04

the guy looks like he's been dead for 3 weeks - really creepy. There's a slight greeny tinge to his skin and he only has 2 expressions.

I wouldn't trust putting gold in the post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now