Talk

Advanced search

I have a rainbow coloured 3 year old!!

(12 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 17-Jul-09 10:48:56

He's in the kitchen painting and he looks so adorable. He's having a whale of a time. Naughty mummy lost all the paintbrushes though so he's having to use spoons, forks, straws and kitchen sponges grin

dizzydixies Fri 17-Jul-09 10:50:35

remember the artistic qualities of washing up sponges, straws and potatos - we never have any brushes in this house either blush

nappyaddict Fri 17-Jul-09 10:50:58

And whilst my back was turned typing this he's snuck outside in the rain to get some leaves and little balls to paint with. So now i have a soaking wet boy with rainbow paint running everywhere!

dizzydixies Fri 17-Jul-09 10:52:53

grin clever boy

nappyaddict Fri 17-Jul-09 10:53:36

But its ok because he "Taked apron off. Stop getting wet" Why is it my child never seems to get any paint on the actual painting apron - only the bits that it's not covering?

dizzydixies Fri 17-Jul-09 10:56:39

put him in an old tshirt of yours and then fling it in the wash when he's finished, my DD looks hysterical in a size 16 tshirt but it does the job very nicely

nappyaddict Fri 17-Jul-09 11:10:18

Ah that's a good idea. He's just been outside again collecting up twigs, stones, feathers, pine cones and sand. Had to fetch him in cos the rain got a bit torrential! God knows what the sand is for. Now he's scavenging in my cupboard for pasta and rice and fetching toilet paper rolls, empty shampoo bottles and spray bottles out the recycling box. Playgroup has a lot to answer for grin

dizzydixies Fri 17-Jul-09 11:13:03

infact I have been known to send them outside with the easel (sp?) and the paints so the rain cleans it all off afterwards - my fences are a fantastic array of colours these days grin

got to love a craft session

nappyaddict Fri 17-Jul-09 11:15:40

We do chalking outside and painting with water. He loves doing that, especially washing the chalk off after.

Oh crumbs, what the frig is he going to do with my comb!! Me thinks I'm going to have to have a bad hair day today. Sun hurry up and come back I'm not sure I can handle much more of this rainy day creativity.

Dysgu Fri 17-Jul-09 12:47:56

We have been cooking - no rain here but a sleeping baby keeps us home - and I have just 'discovered' my 2.10 year old under a bowl of chocolate frosting!

The cakes - small fairy cakes with multi-coloured icing on/in the approximate vicinity; a big chocolate cake covered, yes covered in frosting and mini smarties - look very childlike

Lots of fun - but next summer there will be two of them to lick the bowls out - literally blush so better make the most of this 1-2-1 time.

nappyaddict Sat 18-Jul-09 18:04:44

Lol mine ended up painting cotton wool of all things!

nappyaddict Sat 18-Jul-09 18:05:01

Oh and drawing with cotton buds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now