Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone heard of a company called D H Data Ltd?

(18 Posts)
TheEarthIsFlat Thu 16-Jul-09 17:47:29

They've got an ad in our local paper for data entry clerks which I was quite tempted by, but I can't find anything about the actual company on the internet/in the phone book. I don't want to phone the number they've given until I'm sure they're genuine as it almost sounds to good to be true - 9.30 - 2.30 so perfect school run hours.

They've got lots of job ads over the internet for offices throughout the UK, & their Head Office address is 54 St Johns Square, but it looks like it might be a mailing address.

Can anyone shed any light? If it's a perfectly legitimate company then apologies to all concerned, and gizzajob! wink

dilemma456 Thu 16-Jul-09 20:24:54

Message withdrawn

TheEarthIsFlat Fri 17-Jul-09 11:21:12

Thanks dilemma456. This seemed such a dull thread title I'd resigned myself to no answers, so your efforts are very much appreciated!

Having discussed it with dp, have decided to ignore the ad as it seems dodgy in so many ways. On top of everything else, for such a supposedly big/successful company, the ad has too many spelling/grammar errors which makes me think of those scam e-mails which promise the earth. Ds says he likes me being at home so perhaps it's for the best.

dilemma456 Fri 17-Jul-09 13:01:51

Message withdrawn

weewoo21 Fri 24-Jul-09 20:33:30

I called them today in relation to their ad in our local paper. Answerphone requested I leave name & number & they will call back. They specifically requested you leave a MOBILE no. I didnt leave either, I agree does seem dodgy.

Emmey Mon 03-Aug-09 11:52:19

I responded to the ad by leaving my mobile number on the answerphone last Friday as requested. I received a text yesterday asking me to call an 0844 number asap and to quote "new applicant". I called the number and am currently waiting to speak to an operator - I have been holding for 47 minutes and I am now no. 7 in the queue (started at no.28). Will post a note when I get through to an operator!

Emmey Mon 03-Aug-09 12:16:41

Okay, I waited on the line for 1 hour and 10 minutes to then be put through to a message saying "there is currently no one to take your call". I am now going to report them.

Kevlarhead Mon 03-Aug-09 20:21:44

Now call your mobile operator and see how much you were charged for the call...

aicirtap Tue 04-Aug-09 15:11:29

DH Data Ltd are con artists avoid them, and whatever you do don't pick up your phone to call this company, they do not exist are attempting to scam people for money.

They are using this climate to ensure they rip off as many job hunters as possible.

The people behind this scam are from the northern part of England and are called

Ron Clark
Ian Johnson

if anyone has been financially affected log your complaint and ensure there names are given.

or email me for more info

dataentryjobsinfo41@googlemail.com

Joan08 Wed 05-Aug-09 08:59:07

I have called this Company and I have an interview with them next week.
I have been told they already have people working for them. I have already visited their Office in Leeds and it looks new.
I can tell you these are not a scam & they have never asked me for any money at all.
I have checked with BT the 0844 is charged at 5p per minute during the day & 2p after 6pm & at weekends.
So if you have been asked to contact them I would go for this Job. This is definately NOT a scam.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 05-Aug-09 09:07:04

Hmm. Even nosier here. If you search Joan08 he/she has only made one other post, in which she references her friend Ian Johnson:

here

So it does sound, at best, a little odd

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 05-Aug-09 09:07:48

Oh, and Joan08's only other post is about giving money - although supposedly to a charity ...

KnickKnack Wed 05-Aug-09 09:11:21

This one sounds very dubious, but the charity one you have linked to sounds very very very unbelievable when taken together with this thread.
I think someone should report the charity one (I don't have time, I'm just about to dash out to work)

KnickKnack Wed 05-Aug-09 09:13:01

sorry that was a bit hasty, perhaps I mean someone should google the info on the charity thread and proceed from there

KnickKnack Wed 05-Aug-09 09:17:06

Her(?) other thread was from sept 08, if you look at the website she linked to, the total raised for charity was £0

<<really needs to get off butt and go to work>>

KnickKnack Wed 05-Aug-09 09:18:39

and finally some google hits on "Ian Johnson scam"

here

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 05-Aug-09 10:09:51

Good sleuthing, KK!

<admires>

dogcatcher5 Wed 09-Sep-09 10:40:08

hi i have also seen posts by people on money saving website n these people r obviously con artists, joan with numerous numbers after her user name is on both these sites trying to keep as interested well she must be the only one getting paid £11 per hour to talk absolute c**p, she threatens people who are bad mouthing the so called company by saying that she has spoken to the fools who have set this scam up and that they will take people to court WELL CRACK RIGHT ON WITH THAT.. you aholes are clearly taking the p out of genuine people looking work work, so come on all you good people looking for proper jobs lets stand up for ourselves and the scum that r trying to fool us well try some other mugs, aparently i have been short listed from 1500-50 whoopee with all the other mugs who fell for this n they dont call back they wait for u 2 call then tell you all the office jobs have been taken and that you can work from home for £25. well you wont be getting any money out of me. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now