Talk

Advanced search

cots in hotel rooms, quick survey....

(10 Posts)
Tipex Thu 19-May-05 21:49:41

Am I mad? we're staying in a hotel tomorrow night and I want to take DS's own mattress to put in the hotel cot but DH thinks Im barmy. Will his own sheet suffice or shall I go ahead and make a prat of myself carrying his mattress thru reception?

charellie Thu 19-May-05 21:51:56

Is it a proper cot then in the hotel room? They normally only use travel cots. I would just take your own sheets and blankets. The mattress will be ok

hunkermunker Thu 19-May-05 21:52:53

The mattress might not fit. Plus it'll probably be a travel cot. Just take your own bedding, that's what we did with 5mo DS.

Gobbledigook Thu 19-May-05 21:53:02

I'd just take sheets too. If it makes you feel better, take 3 sheets and layer them!!

Tipex Thu 19-May-05 21:54:28

oh, I just assumed it'd be a proper cot. right then, I'll just take a sheet. Problem is I only have fitted sheets or little ones that went on the moses basket. Will a fitted one do> I've never seen a travel cot.

charellie Thu 19-May-05 21:55:47

The fitted sheet will be fine. The travel cot will only have a thin mattress so it will stretch over ok

charellie Thu 19-May-05 21:56:42

The hotel will also provide bedding for the cot so if you forget anything or it doesn't fit as a last resort you can always use theirs

milward Thu 19-May-05 21:57:28

Sometimes we take our own travel cot - if you're concerned about the bed then this could be an idea. Don't know if you'll have time as you're staying in the hotel tomorrow.

RTKangaMummy Thu 19-May-05 21:58:44

Take towels to put under the sheets

then if another baby vomited on matteress or exploded nappy then it will be ok

BUT I am neuotic about hotels

ALWAYS TAKE MY OWN PILLOW EVERYWHERE

<<<maddness>>> I know

pixel Thu 19-May-05 22:43:12

We stayed in a hotel a couple of years ago that had a fold-up cot but a very nice wooden one, wouldn't have minded it myself. So you never know. I would just take a familiar sheet and blanket to help your ds sleep but cover the mattress with a clean bath towel first just to put your mind at rest. No need to take your own towels I wouldn't have thought, they will be supplied won't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now