Talk

Advanced search

ideas for christening present?

(9 Posts)
francesrivis Wed 15-Jul-09 12:38:57

Hi, we are going to a christening at the weekend at which DP has been asked to be godparent, and it has belatedly dawned on me that we need to get the baby a present! I haven't been to a christening since I was a child - can anyone give me some ideas about what is appropriate (bearing in mind we are on a tight budget?) TIA

KittyWalker Wed 15-Jul-09 12:42:13

What is your budget and is the child male or female?

meep Wed 15-Jul-09 12:43:57

I tend to give a book - some sort of children's classic (hardback) that can be kept and maybe actually read in the future. But not Peter Rabbit etc because they get loads of those!

I bought this recently - it is hardback with lovely pictures.

georgiemum Wed 15-Jul-09 12:46:08

We got a coin set from the royal mint for the birth year. I also liked the savings bonds.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 15-Jul-09 12:55:28

Does depend on the budget.

Money box - with coins inside.
Silver photo frame.
Premium Bonds.
Special book.

Pinkjenny Wed 15-Jul-09 13:02:16

I went to a christening on Sunday and bought this for the child. It was very sweet.

tigerbear Wed 15-Jul-09 13:04:33

OP - Are you good at making things?
If so, a small toy or picture might work.
I did this recently, as same as you, we are on a very tight budget. I made two little felt creatures (one for the baby and one for her sister who is nearly 3) - the children loved them, and the parents appreciated the thought and that it was something so personal.

KittyWalker Wed 15-Jul-09 13:08:55

How about one of these

francesrivis Wed 15-Jul-09 13:15:02

Many thanks for all these ideas. It's for a little boy, and I can't really spend more than £15.00. Rubbish at making things I'm afraid tiger! I might well go for the book idea or one of the personalised money boxes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now