Talk

Advanced search

Help! I need your creative ways to justify my shopping blitz!

(3 Posts)
MadameHenriHeureuse Tue 14-Jul-09 21:32:26

Well, not much of a blitz - shoes and a coat in the sale. We've recently sold our home and so have a wee bit of cash from the flat sale. And I do need shoes. The coat, though? Well, my current ones are tatty but just about wearable.

Anyway, DH is the only earner at the mo so I need to come up with some creative and believable excuses for having to buy this stuff.

Help!

saggyhairyarse Tue 14-Jul-09 22:05:05

I don't know but I bought myself an eternity ring last week because i've been waiting 8 years for one and DH still hasn't got over the shock.

MrsMerryHenry Thu 16-Jul-09 20:39:46

Ooops, sorry, saggyhairyarse, I zipped off to watch tv and forgot to check the thread!

Well done you for treating yourself: I've been telling DH for years that I'd love a pair of diamond studs (nothing too ostentatious) - I think men don't realise that they get off very lightly in the jewellery dept now that eternity rings are basically no longer expected.

It's my birthday next week so I've told DH that the coat (rather gorgeous, I must say!) is my bday present. It worked.

<<now, how can I persuade him that it's my birthday every week?>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now