Talk

Advanced search

my sis nearly died yesterday i am in shock

(17 Posts)
aaliyahsmum Thu 19-May-05 13:07:03

My little sis is a pain in the bum big style and is always causing trouble, i rang my mum last night and she started to cry, i asked what was up and she said sis nearly bled to dead at 4am and was rushed to hospital, she had chewed the inside if her mouth so bad in her sleep she had severed an artaire she was rushed to hospital and they managed to stop the bleeding but now she has her mouth stitched up inside and outside and has lost most of her top and bottem lip and the one of the corners of her mouth, it has taken till this morning to really sink in, she is only 14 and needs reconstructive surgury to fix her face. i cant believe it

starlover Thu 19-May-05 13:09:07

oh my god that's awful!

the poor thing

MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 13:09:32

Toothache Thu 19-May-05 13:09:32

aaliyasmum - OMG! How could she do that much damage before waking??? Surely the pain would kick in. Is she epileptic?

How scary for her and you. Hope the surgery she needs is minimal.

pindy Thu 19-May-05 13:12:00

Poor thing! I would have thought the pain would wake you up! Hope she feels better really soon and that the surgery goes well for her.

Have you been to visit yet?

aaliyahsmum Thu 19-May-05 13:12:28

she has lots of problems so docs are not to sure whether she did do it in her sleep or did it for attention has she has mild autism, adha and clinical depression, but she said she did it in her sleep. i sent her a cheer up parcel today but i cant imagine what she will look like and it is such a shame cos she had perfect pouty lips before

morningpaper Thu 19-May-05 13:13:02

So sorry! What a shock. How does something like that happen? It's bizarre. (hugs)

aaliyahsmum Thu 19-May-05 13:14:17

i havent been to visit yet as i have just moved to devon and they live in hampshire and i have work at weekend and dd is at school and dp needs car for work but i hope to go next week cos my other sis gets married on 28th so was gonna go down couple of days early.

aaliyahsmum Thu 19-May-05 14:52:28

Have spoke to sis she seems ok, was worried my sis wouldnt want her to be a bridemaids bless her, mum said she is very upset at her appearence but hopefullly when the sweeling and buising goes down it wont look as bad

pindy Thu 19-May-05 20:33:33

Sure she'll soon feel better - a least she has a wedding to look forward to

Hulababy Thu 19-May-05 20:40:16

Poor thing. Glad to hear she seems okay.

morocco Thu 19-May-05 20:59:20

how awful for her and for you all
thinking of you

Bozza Thu 19-May-05 21:23:45

How awful. Its just one of those things you would never imagine would happen.

aaliyahsmum Fri 20-May-05 09:07:19

I have seen her via web cam and she showed me her stitches i wanted to cry one side of her face looks normal and the other side is just a mess she is in alot of pain and very tired. i asked her why she dont go back to the hospital where she should be and she said she cant stay there cos she has beeen through enough there she has to eat baby food but she seems ok

aaliyahsmum Fri 20-May-05 09:07:46

Thankyou everyone for your kind words of support

Toothache Fri 20-May-05 09:11:31

Perhaps being at home is best for her. She must feel safe at home. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
And I hope the Doctors can maybe explain what happened so it doesn't again.

TrophyWife Fri 20-May-05 09:14:42

OMG
i hope she is a bit better today....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now