Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Free cabs for girls limited offer (not a joke apparently)

(10 Posts)
MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 13:04:42

read all about it!

Mon 30th May - Fri 3rd June 2005

Zones 1 & 2

Starting on May 30th and running until Friday 3rd June, women in London will be able to catch cabs in Zones 1 & 2 for free. Not all cabs, of course, but those that are engaged in promotion for the new Andrex Quilts campaign.

It's not going to be difficult to spot the fleet of pale lilac and white taxis - largely because they're that colour, seemingly wrapped in what looks like a soft quilt and featuring everyone's favourite advertising puppy seemingly asleep on the bonnet.

All women will have to do on spotting the cab is flag it down (assuming that there's no one else inside) and hop in! Men will also be allowed in the cabs - but only if women hailing the cab deem them worthy.

MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 21:41:52

bump

hunkermunker Thu 19-May-05 21:42:54

PMSL!

"deem them worthy, indeed!"

MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 21:44:48

hi hinker how you doing? Seems a bit dull on here tonight/today. What with all the bother with the long thread titles and the lazy mums lol

hunkermunker Thu 19-May-05 21:49:39

Hi ML - yes, agree. Feel a bit shivery - think I'll go to bed early - working the next three days - eek!

Have only briefly skimmed the lazy mum thread - don't feel comfortable amongst energetic (yet defensive) people

And the long thread title ones don't do it for me either!

hunkermunker Thu 19-May-05 21:50:08

Ooh, how are you? And the lovely (if a trifle hide-and-seeky with your possessions) DTs?

MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 22:05:47

sorry, had to watch the end of ER. All well here. The pesky wee DTs aren't sleeping well at the moment and I am knackered. Of course now I'm too tired to sleep. They've gone down now and to be honest so should I. I've a sore throat and think I may be coming down with something [self pity emoticon]

hunkermunker Thu 19-May-05 22:18:11

Aw, hun - go to bed, sweetheart. I am going now too - sleep tight and chat soon Hope you have a lovely undisturbed night of sleep

MarsLady Thu 19-May-05 22:24:43

DT1 currently awake. Will go to bed when she falls asleep.

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 16:09:08

now hinker I blame you for my bad night last night. Why did you mention the s..... word? The DTs were up and down until 1, then DS1 (who is rarely ill) was up at 5 with earache. Then I woke him at 6.30 for school. Went back to bed, but it took about 30mins to settle. Got up again at 7.30 to wake the girls only to find that DS1 had fallen asleep in his uniform, so he had a mad dash for the bus. Then DH who was supposed to come home early came home late. Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! What were you thinking saying the s........ word out loud?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now