Talk

Advanced search

new kitchen being built help with layout please

(3 Posts)
leenasmom Mon 13-Jul-09 13:11:54

we got planning permission to extend our kitchen. the problem is that i have no idea how to design a kitchen layout when the 'new' kitchen space will be 19ft square!!
I dont want to have the kitchen all round but then i dont want to have a lot of empty space'corridor' type to the downstairs bathroom also any ideas how to put up layout on line so you really can get the gist of what it will look like...many thanks

MrsMills Mon 13-Jul-09 13:16:11

I'm no expert but if you use IKEAs online kitchen planner you can play around with space, using differnt size cabinets to divide the room up etc. I found it invaluable (although I did buy an IKEA kitchen), but it could be a starting point.

bosch Mon 13-Jul-09 13:23:04

I visited a kitchen designer who gave me an interesting layout, but based mainly on my own ideas. The layout was shown as a plan and as views from either end of the kitchen, which makes it much easier to visulise.

We won't go with that designer because I didn't like the way a lot of the design issues were unresolved, but they must accept that they only get a proportion of the work they design - wouldn't go somewhere if I had no intention of using them.

You can have an island in a kitchen that big (drool, I can't begin to fit one into my kitchen, but can have as a compromise a peninsula)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now