Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help? 3 y o birthday party

(7 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Tue 17-May-05 21:56:42

I have somehow been persuaded to have a little party for dd tomorrow. Originally I was just going to have a couple of friends round to watch her blow out candles, but today I invited 4 nursery friends (who may or may not turn up).

what's a good sure fire entertainment tactic? would kind of like to show them some uk party games, but I think they're too young for most. a friend tried pass the parcel last year with disastrous results (the spanish parents didn't think it was fair). I pref need something with minimal preparation as I have to work tomorrow and can't be sure these kids will turn up anyway. I did invite them late after all.

help!

Hulababy Tue 17-May-05 22:00:10

My 3yo loves musical statues/bumps. Some of the children don't quite get it - but all loved the dancing. We don't do elimnation though when this little, as it is so hard for them.

What about sleeping lions/bunnies? Try and get a bunch of 3yo to lie down quietly - should be a chllenge!

With the pass the parcel - do you include a prize in eahch layer - so every child gets a present?

Variations of pin the tail on the donkey can me fun. Use blutack (or similar) instead of nasty sharp pin. Can be done in lots of variations - nose of some TV character, etc.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 17-May-05 22:04:21

dd was at a party the other day (another english girl) and didn't really get musical statues. maybe because she like dancing too much.

could try pin the tail on the donkey though. must try and find some blu tac

Hulababy Tue 17-May-05 22:06:15

Or just use folded round sellotape instead

If they like dancing - just let them dance You ould have mini competitions for best bottom wiggle, best twisting dance, best jumping dance, etc..

Have fun

Judd Tue 17-May-05 22:06:45

Could you do pass the parcel and put a little sweet inside each layer? Then just make sure there's a layer per child so they all get one. Try and make your "winning" wrapping paper distinctive so you know when the last turn is.
Musical bumps? Just dancing to music? Icing their own biscuits? Just playing with toys if all else fails.
I'm not much help, am I? We went for Wacky Warehouse for DD's 3rd birthday....number 4 seems to be when it really clicks in terms of party games. I hope you and DD enjoy it anyway!

janeybops Tue 17-May-05 22:22:36

wobbly sweets.

all have a sweet (with wrapper on)
a;; lie on floor and place their sweet on their forehead.
gice out instructions such as put a leg in the air, etc
if sweet falls off they get to eat it but are out.
last one with sweet on head gets a prize.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 17-May-05 22:52:08

i think dancing with prizes is a great idea. I'll pop to the cheap shop on the way home. plus some sweets in wrappers.

i hope they turn up now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now