Talk

Advanced search

Left feet bigger than right feet

(9 Posts)
tiffini Tue 17-May-05 21:18:21

Took my DTs to Clarks today to get thier feet measured as they are both now walking. I was advised not to put them in shoes until they have been walking for 6 weeks, however when they measured thier feet, their left foot was a size 3, and thier right feet were a size 2 1\2.

The assistant said if they were ready for shoes now a size 3 would be too big for their right foot so would not be a good idea. She said thier feet might become more equal before they are ready for shoes,( in 4 weeks) but had no advise as to what could be done if they are still different sizes.

Has any one experienced this with your children and how did you go about getting a good fitting for each foot.

tiffini Tue 17-May-05 21:37:02

Lonelymum Tue 17-May-05 21:41:28

My left foot is a full size bigger than my right foot, and it was even once measured as being a size and a half bigger! Last week, I took my 4 children to have their feet measured, and three of the four of them had one foot bigger than the other. You have to get the shoe that fits the bigger foot, and you may be restricted as to what style you choose. Be guided by the fitter. Personally, i can't wear many court shoe type shoes as they don't stay on my right foot!

wheresmyfroggy Tue 17-May-05 21:42:07

dd's feet are never exactly the same, a good assisstant will be able to make a judgement and find the best size for both feet and will thoroughly check them

piximon Tue 17-May-05 21:42:55

Hi tiffini,
Clarks are supposed to have a policy where if your child needs two different sized shoes they will provide you with them and not sell you two seperate pairs, according to a booklet they give you when you purchase your first pair.
At my son't most recent fitting one of his feet was 1/2 size larger than the other and the assistant said there'll be more growing room in that one.
He's actually not had any problems with it being too big.
Hope this helps.

starlover Tue 17-May-05 22:07:49

that's rubbish! nearly everyone has feet that are different sizes. Obviously with tiny feet the difference is more noticable, but a half size shouldn't really cause a problem.
The reason children are asked to walk in their shoes IN THE SHOP, is so that the fitter can see that they can walk ok in them....

Clarks will sell you different size shoes only if you have more than a whole size difference between your feet. You have to pay for one pair and then a percentage of the other pair

starlover Tue 17-May-05 22:08:13

i mean that what the assistant said was rubbish... not what everyone else has said!!!

suedonim Tue 17-May-05 22:08:32

My dd has always had one foot half a size larger than the other. She has shoes in the larger size and an inner or half-inner sole in the other shoe. She has narrow feet and that's a far worse problem!

starlover Tue 17-May-05 22:09:05

you may find that their feet are different when you go back in 4 weeks though, because when they start walking and spending more time on their feet they do tend to spread quite a lot... so sensible to wait as long as poss really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now