Talk

Advanced search

If you could get your DS anything at all for his 3rd birthday what would it be?

(16 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 11:38:41

DS turns 3 in Aug. I am dreaming about what to buy for him. Am thinking of a ride on tractor. It is all dreaming at this stage anyway as I havent any money but I love window shopping and thinking about these things. Anyway I am going for a job interview tomorrow if I get it I might be able to splash out a bit.

So what would you buy for your 3 year old DS if you could? Your very best ideas?

bigchris Tue 07-Jul-09 11:40:19

one of those huge wooden playhouses that cost several hundred pounds and have balconies and upstairs roms and I could play in it too smile

poshtottie Tue 07-Jul-09 11:58:01

Yes a tree house would be fab. DS is 3 in a couple of weeks and we have bought him a big trampoline and some roary the racing car things.

He is also having a roary the racing car cake which has cost a lot but it will be worth the look on his face.

phdlife Tue 07-Jul-09 12:02:38

oh yeah, it would totally be a tractor. or possibly a digger.

in fact I did score a plastic ride-on tractor on freecycle last week - it is in seriously bad nick but ds is over the moon. everyone who turns up at the house gets dragged out to the back garden to push him (it has pedals he can't reach yet!)

suwoo Tue 07-Jul-09 12:04:14

My DS would like his own set of wheelie bins hmm

hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 12:50:44

yes I agree a tractor is fab.

he has a bike, with stabilisers that he can not ride. He has a trike he has never seen but he should be able to ride it, we got it off freecycle and are saving it as a surprise for him. He has a blue smoby car with parent handle which I am thinking of getting rid of as he wont pedal himself around in it and he has too much stuff cluttering up the garden. So I do think if I got the tractor it would be a huge thing for him, the car would go, then he would only have the tractor and the trike in the garden, the bike is in the shed and just comes out every now and then.

He has a trampoline I am thinking of moving in to the shed too. Someone got that for him for his 1st bday.

AnyFucker Tue 07-Jul-09 12:51:49

an "off" button

hehe

hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 12:53:40

anyfucker, I'm with you on that! fucking hell.

But I was thinking more along the lines of something that could be wrapped or a bow stuck to.

Tent?

uptomyeyes Tue 07-Jul-09 12:53:43

My 3yo DS3 has a ride on tractor with trailer and a bike both handed down from the other DS's, but the thing he gets most use out of by far is his blue micro scooter. Far more usable and portabble than his other ride on things.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 07-Jul-09 12:54:14

These wooden dinosaurs ... possibly the whole lot! grin

hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 13:00:13

uptomyeyes - DS would love a scooter!!! He had major scooter envy at school today. But I dont know where he would use it. I've been thinking about it. We are 20 mins walk from town & school so I dont know if he went on it if he would make it all the way there or if I'd end up carrying him and scooter the second half! DS has SN btw he isnt just spoiled! I mean a lot of parents expect their children to walk those distances but he just wouldnt. He would love a scooter though and I have been thinking how he'd use one.

EachPeach DS is sitting next to me atm, when he isnt I'm going to look at the dinosaurs!!!

AnyFucker Tue 07-Jul-09 13:01:14

sorry, couldn't resist grin

hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 13:04:19

trust me I dont blame you after the last hour I had.

muddleduck Tue 07-Jul-09 15:52:20

A bike with no pedals (aka a balance bike).

preferably a puky - although they seem to have got a lot more expensive recently.

DS1 loved his so much and now (age 4) has gone straight to a proper bike with no stabilisers.

He also got a scooter but that has never got used nearly as much.

hereidrawtheline Tue 07-Jul-09 18:31:58

thanks everyone!

The dinosaurs are so cute!!

Any more?

EachPeachPearMum Tue 07-Jul-09 19:09:39

<sigh> yes they are v cute... but my ds is only 5mo.... grin and dd who is 3 has way too many toys already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now