Talk

Advanced search

Advice on cinema trip for 7 year old and has anyone seen Paul Blart Mall Cop

(3 Posts)
islandofsodor Mon 06-Jul-09 23:15:20

Dd has been invited to a friend's birthday which will be a trip to the cinema.

As it is one of the special Saturday morning discount viewings we won't know the exact film until a week before and I am a bit concerned at this. At the moment it is Hotel for Dogs which she has seen but also on the list is Coraline which the trainer freaked her out and Monsters V Aliens where she was retching during an ad for some toy that spurted goo!

However I "think" from looking at future release dates that the film may be this Paul Blart thing which I'm guessing from the reviews is a bit of a very bad comedy type film. It does say however that there is some violence, mild crude and suggestive humour and language. Hence it is a PG.

Mild innuendo wil go over her head but has anyone seen the film and can tell me if it suitable. As a Guide I let dd watch Hairspray (very mild innuendo) but not Mamma Mia and I don't like swearing in a children's film.

seeker Mon 06-Jul-09 23:25:36

Does this help?

islandofsodor Mon 06-Jul-09 23:28:49

Thank you. That is just what I was looking for.

The violence sounds typical childish slapstick. However I am not happy about dd watching a film with the word shit in. It says it should not upset a child aged 8 or younger, dd and her friends are 7 though I do have to say, some of them are a bit older than their years. Dd isn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now