Talk

Advanced search

So annoyed with the council!!!!

(3 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 06-Jul-09 16:51:11

Our council has a bidding system and every week you have to log on and put your bids in for any houses that you would like. 3 weeks ago I try to log in and it's saying that my log in is incorrect. I know it's not so I go down there and they say oh i dunno why it's not working it must just have been an error it will be working now. I go back home and it's still not working. A few days later I go back up and tell them and after much toing and froing from one person to another they figure out it's because every 12 months they send you a letter to check you still want to be on the list. If you don't respond they presume you don't. I never got this letter. So then they say don't worry you'll be able to get back on in a few days we'll sort it out. 3 weeks later I finally manage to get on!! I'm gutted cos in over 12 months the lowest in the queue I've ever been is 14th and my friend who bidded for the first time the week I couldn't get on and also has a few less points than me has got a lovely brand new house. Basically anyone who bidded that week got a house cos they put a whole estate of new homes on there and I had to go and bloody miss out. ARGHHHHHHHH.

LIZS Mon 06-Jul-09 21:05:03

what a shame you missed out but at least a whole tranche of people have been taken out of competition with you so hopefully your odds are increased.

nappyaddict Thu 09-Jul-09 18:37:11

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. since then i still haven't been any lower than 11th which really isn't much different to 14th.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now