Talk

Advanced search

My DS is so lovely and he said today such a sweet thing...

(21 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Sun 05-Jul-09 19:34:00

He was buzzing around the garden collected pollen to take back to his hive and he was collecting from some marigolds in a pot next to me and he pointed to one flower and said "I'm going to leave that pollen for another bee to have" and he was saying that again and again on all the flower bushes. What a love!

And he was memorising Bagpuss intro. He has been sooooooooo lovely, happy, and delightful today which makes a contrast to Friday which was a day of living hell. DS has SN that are as yet undetermined totally.

Just had to boast I thought it was so kind!

He is 3 in a month.

wrinklytum Sun 05-Jul-09 19:36:47

That is sweet,bless him.

(It is a wory,those days waiting for a diagnosis.In some ways no dx is worse due to the uncertainty of it all)

TheProvincialLady Sun 05-Jul-09 19:38:01

How lovelysmile

hereidrawtheline Sun 05-Jul-09 20:14:55

thanks Its just so confusing that he can have the odd day that is totally perfect. You sort of expect if there is something the matter it will be so all the time.

TheProvincialLady Sun 05-Jul-09 20:32:02

Oh but we all ge perfect and hellish days don't we? With NT and SN children alike I guess.

TheProvincialLady Sun 05-Jul-09 20:32:59

Hopefully once you get a dx then you might get an insight into how to get more of the nicer days? Depending on his issues I suppose.

hereidrawtheline Sun 05-Jul-09 20:38:57

yes you are right. I think I look at it wrongly sometimes. Like, if you have a broken leg it is always broken. But if you are autistic although you are always ASD you will have mood swings and good times and bad.

wrinklytum Sun 05-Jul-09 20:39:27

Yes,both nt and sn children equally trying on occasion.Very lucky today as had lovely day with both.Played on beach (Well dd fiddled endlessly with pushchair straps and threw lots of sand in the air repetitively and screamed in horror at the sea,and the sound of the lifeboat being launched on its rumbly track thingy),whilst ds and I made and intricate sandcastle/moat combo.Both enjoyed ice cream though,and pootled happily on beach (in between dd screeching/pushchair straps obsession

I think takingeach day as it comes a good idea,though the BAD days can be VERY trying.xx

hereidrawtheline Sun 05-Jul-09 21:35:03

you are most certainly right about that!!! I have some fun ideas for DS for tomorrow though so I am going to try to force it to be good before it has a chance to get bad! Your day sounds lovely, which bit of the coast are you near?

wrinklytum Sun 05-Jul-09 21:40:35

NE coast,Think Humber Estuary.Not pretty,but good beaches.

Hope you get a dx soon.Even without a dx you cn access help.Have you heard of Portage?They were valuable with dd and you can self refer as a parent.

TheProvincialLady Sun 05-Jul-09 21:54:43

I wish we were near the sea. I was just talking about it with my mum yesterday. But the nearest coastline from here is 3 hours away and it's far too long for a day trip. We are going to Norfolk next week though, hurraysmile

hereidrawtheline Sun 05-Jul-09 22:00:13

I cant remember if I have been told about Portage or not but I am contacting BIBIC tomorrow!

I am near Norfolk! East Anglia I am.

wrinklytum Sun 05-Jul-09 22:55:18

www//.*portage*.org.uk/

TheProvincialLady Mon 06-Jul-09 09:19:35

We are going to Sheringham - I've never been there before. Is that nar you? Have you been?

hereidrawtheline Mon 06-Jul-09 11:44:32

um no I havent been to Sheringham... hang on let me google - its around 2 hous from my house. The bit of Norfolk I have been to properly is all around Norfolk Lavender which would be nice this time of year I think. I went in January when I was bedridden with hyperemesis grin I'm on the Essex/Suffolk border.

(thanks wrinklytum!)

TheProvincialLady Mon 06-Jul-09 12:00:27

Oh 2 hours. That's quite far then. I was going to suggest we could meet up for the day if you fancied it, but nay mindsmile

hereidrawtheline Mon 06-Jul-09 12:04:53

its a pity isnt it. Though we could meet halfway it would be a big interruption to your break. Ah well if you fancy exploring a little further south let me know! There is a really FAB childrens farm in Suffolk!

hereidrawtheline Mon 06-Jul-09 12:05:13

they dont farm children blush

TheProvincialLady Mon 06-Jul-09 12:21:37

I am afraid I can't travel that week because we are going by minibusshock with my in laws and there is not a hope in hell of me driving it!

My DS1 would love a children's farm - he has never been to one. Lol at farming children!

TheProvincialLady Mon 06-Jul-09 12:23:03

My DS1 is just a month younger than yours too.

hereidrawtheline Mon 06-Jul-09 13:25:02

oh what a pity! I dont blame you for not driving a minibus! blimey. You'd need ovarios of steel grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now