Advanced search

Need advice divorced with 3 boys

(2 Posts)
3littleboysmum Sun 05-Jul-09 12:22:34

Can anyone give my some advice. After a few years of being divorced I have put up with my ex giving up empolyment to re-educate himself 2 years ago and has never worked not even part time for his kids. I have never received a penny off him for the boys. He sees them regularly as I have never denied him access as we both have joint custody. I have a new partnet and a child with him now and we have been happy but it now looks like we may have to move a distance away due to work. I have residency of the boys but I am worried of the reaction I will receive from my ex. He knows his rights and uses them well and I am aware of fathers rights to their children but where does that leave a mum. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you

KingCanuteIAm Sun 05-Jul-09 12:26:38

His rights to see his children cannot be used to stop you living your life. You have to allow contact, even support it but it has to be reasonable. If he previously had them alternate weekends add up the number of days he is missing and split them out into holiday contact or something so as you can offer him a way that he can reasonably still have a similar level of contact as he is having now.

THe fact he has never paid anything changes nothing in terms of a court case, contact and money are seperate issues.

If you are really worried about it get yourself some legal advice before you decide anything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: