Talk

Advanced search

I need support!! My partner is quitting smoking...!!!

(8 Posts)
cyphercat Fri 03-Jul-09 15:23:25

I am so scared. I mean I'm so happy that he's decided to quit but it's the edginess and bad mood that I'm not good with. He will start tomorrow but it's already tense in the house... HELP!!

Sheeta Fri 03-Jul-09 15:30:14

ha, he's the one that needs support, you'll be fine grin

have lots of things lined up to take his mind off it and try not to react if he's a bit of a shit for the first few days.

It's bloody hard work... I seriously felt like I was going mad.

cyphercat Fri 03-Jul-09 15:57:53

okay already ignoring the shittiness at the moment.

OrmIrian Fri 03-Jul-09 15:59:17

Oh good luck! You poor thing sad

queenrollo Fri 03-Jul-09 17:27:47

get him some bananas and a B Vitamin supplement, they can help to take the edge off the craving. Watch out for particularly bad times........worse ones for me are after a meal, afternoon sit down with a cup of tea etc. The ones that were attached to a routine are the ones i miss most.

Good Luck to both of you......i gave up in 2004 for 3 years and smoked on and off (but mostly on) for the last 18 months and am on day three of giving up properly again.

aGalChangedHerName Fri 03-Jul-09 17:29:18

Oh god been there done that....

It's hell but it will be worth it in the end!!

Bite your lip and shut yer gob,that's what i did lol.

bronze Fri 03-Jul-09 17:31:51

my dh has stayed given up (6 mths) this third try. I agree you need support if your dh is anything like mine. I was the one pushing him to give up my goodness he was hell to live with. Just come on here and rant but avoid aibu otherwise peoople will tell you youare

nellie12 Fri 03-Jul-09 17:40:59

come and talk to me mine is giving up too I feel the pain. Although he hasnt been too bad this time round. quite a few quiet spells and frantic gum chewing but no twitching.. yet. I'm going out and leaving him with 4 kids tomorrow so what he'll be like when I get back ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now