Talk

Advanced search

Right I've tried to keep quiet but I just can't..

(52 Posts)
101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 20:25:34

..but instead of hijacking another thread I started my own.

I'm getting very bored of 2 conversations that keep cropping up here:

The first being all the 'cod bashing' yes I like cod, I get her sense of humour and I love the way she just cuts to the quick. All the threads that keep being started just end up sounding like aplayground so can we all pleaase just let recent events surrounding cod pass us by so that she can return and the place can get back to relative normality!

The Second being all the MN v's MO rubbish, quite frankly does it really make a difference how MO was or wasn't born. I don't use MO personally I had a look round but prefer this format (simple as that). This is a WWW and tbh there's ebough space for more than 2. There are valuable contributors to this site who also use MO - does it really matter at the end of the day?! I for one would prefer to let it be, do we have to keep discussing it. This isn't becoming Lord of the Flies and it's sad to see fellow MNers being divided by something so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things!

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture. I hope you all don't think I'm being snidey or anything - this is meant with the best intention.

I hope cod comes back and is her usual self and I hope that MO goes off the radar. I mean if we're gonna fall out at least lets fall out bout something relative, like Bottlefeeding or GinaFord

Spacecadet Mon 16-May-05 20:27:32

Hermione1 Mon 16-May-05 20:28:08

i don't even know what MO is, lol

hotmama Mon 16-May-05 20:29:25

I think Cod is tops - grammar an' all! Have no idea of what MO is - must have missed all the threads.

Spacecadet Mon 16-May-05 20:30:53

i think its mumsonline???am i right???

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 16-May-05 20:31:17

Cod has swished through this evening.

Lonelymum Mon 16-May-05 20:31:31

<<<<Risks a quick look over the top>>>>>>

What is MO?

<<<<<<<<Ducks down again quickly>>>>>>>>>

Gobbledigook Mon 16-May-05 20:32:27

God, I haven't got a clue what's going on!

Magscat Mon 16-May-05 20:32:49

I'd never heard of MO either but I took a guess as to what the 'O' stood for (seeing as how we're all online!) and looked it up.

If anyone was trying to 'have a go' at MO, I for one have just discovered it through their postings so it kind of defeats the object.

Agree though - it's a big WWW, there's plenty of room out there!

emmatmg Mon 16-May-05 20:33:35

I agree 100%.

But it's done me a favour as I spend a fraction of the time on here that I used to.

WigWamBam Mon 16-May-05 20:35:13

I tend to agree, but really can't see what good another thread is going to do. This is surely just going to end up being a rehash of the last few threads.

101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 20:35:46

cor, was half expecting to get shot down in flames <breathes sigh of relief>

piffpaffpuff Mon 16-May-05 20:36:08

groundhog day ...........

emmatmg Mon 16-May-05 20:37:42

I do agree 101, but I think this thread will go pear shaped so I'd get your hard hat on

flashingnose Mon 16-May-05 20:40:26

Agree 101

JimmerJammer Mon 16-May-05 20:54:08

Just been for a look on mumsonline. There is no reciprocal thread there saying look at what they are saying about us over on MN.

MistressMary Mon 16-May-05 20:55:44

Yawn.
Totally agree.

SenoraPostrophe Mon 16-May-05 20:57:04

<<<thump>>>

(sorry, I had to)

Gwenick Mon 16-May-05 21:00:30

thankyou thankyou thankyou - I now know waht MO is

batters Mon 16-May-05 21:01:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gwenick Mon 16-May-05 21:01:46

have to confess I'd never heard of it until now - and I've been using mum's forums online for about 5yrs now - and internet for 10!!!!

darlingbud Mon 16-May-05 21:05:15

I joined MO but must admit I don't like the format and don't feel comfortable with it so I'm sticking with MN.

I agree 101SP that some threads do become soooo mundane and I sometimes can't believe how long they get for no apparant reason.

I agree with what you have said.

101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 21:06:00

batters, I feel you've missed the point I was trying to make but I see what you are saying.

WhatI was trying to say was, I've felt like this for a few days but Ididn't rerally want to post on a thread that was already getting tetchy because I din't want it to cause I row. I am merely saying, and obviously not very well, that it's a shame these two things have taken up so much time and caused such divides.

I hope cod comes back and I hope that MO stops being raked over the coals that's all.

bubble99 Mon 16-May-05 21:22:04

I agree 101 StressPuppy that the whole issue seems to have turned into a pro/anti cod issue. I don't 'know' cod but she seems to evoke such polarised reactions. She must be one hellavu chick to do so.

MistressMary Mon 16-May-05 21:23:53

Cod is infamous or is that notorious on mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: