Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Selling used books on Amazon

(4 Posts)
littlemissbossy Mon 16-May-05 13:06:16

Has anyone else done this before? do you actually make any money? I've LOADS of surplus books I want rid of... any good ideas appreciated

TrophyWife Mon 16-May-05 13:10:23

i have used greenmetroplis before now to buy and sell books, you get £3 for every book, very easy to use. was told about by someone on here in fact. have also sold on ebay but a bit more work involed to post them up the on green metroplis.
what books do you have? i might like some of them meself

mrsflowerpot Mon 16-May-05 13:17:47

I've done it a bit. IME there is very little point listing popular novels etc as masses of people are trying to sell them, plus they are pretty cheap new and I don't think people click through to the used ones much if they're available direct from Amazon. However, you have nothing to lose except the time it takes to list things, so there's no harm in trying.

I have sold quite a few hardbacks - biographies, reference books, things like that. And kids books go well too. I always let myself be guided by Amazon re pricing, but that's because I'm a bit lazy and can't be bothered to do the research myself.

Amazon set the postage rates and forward a fixed amount on to you (on top of the price of the book). I reckon I break even on postage costs - with paperbacks/small books you can make a bit of a profit, but hardbacks balance that out.

You must be scrupulously transparent about the condition of the book, and post things out really quickly and pack them up well.

littlemissbossy Mon 16-May-05 13:20:44

Thank you both for your advice, I've registered with green metropolis and once I've sorted all the books out, I'll try and sell a few on both sites to see if it works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now