Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else get 'that' smell whilst on period?

(27 Posts)
PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 19:52:04

Ok, was going to name change for this but seeing how I don't think anyone will recognise me anyway...

So does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Everytime AF arrives I get this 'smell' about me, not a nasty, yucky smell, more or a sweet smell blush. Not just from 'down there' but I can just smell it from my skin?!

Does anyone else get this or am I a freak? Do you think other people can smell it if I can smell it too?

It reminds me of the smell I got after I had DD from my breastmilk. I quite like the smell actually blush grin

lisad123 Tue 30-Jun-09 19:54:05

i get what you mean and yes, but wouldnt say i like the smell, but doesnt smell bad.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 19:56:11

{grin] I like it because it reminds me of when DD was born, not necessarily the actual smell, just memories.

expatinscotland Tue 30-Jun-09 19:57:12

you're a freak. i don't notice smelling any different, but then again, i'm one of those people who uses perfumes, perfumed lotions and shower gels.

squilly Tue 30-Jun-09 20:02:42

My sense of smell heightens ridiculously just before I come on and during my period I just smell orrible. It gets worse as the week works on and reaches the pits towards the end. I start off showering twice a day, morning and evening, but then I end up showering at midday if I get chance towards the end.

Sometimes I love being a woman (NOT!).

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:04:07

shock I knew it was true.

grin

I do use perfumes but I just have a sweet smell about me....I'm hoping I'm the only one who can smell it, although I could think of worse things to smell of. grin

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:04:09

shock I knew it was true.

grin

I do use perfumes but I just have a sweet smell about me....I'm hoping I'm the only one who can smell it, although I could think of worse things to smell of. grin

MuppetsMuggle Tue 30-Jun-09 20:04:35

I don't notice any smell, but am more concious than I normally am when i'm having my period. as opposed to having one bath/shower a day I tend too have 2

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:06:05

squilly really? You have to shower 3 times a day? Do you think that maybe it is just you that can smell it, because it is coming from you IYKWIM?

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 30-Jun-09 20:06:15

I don't notice a smell, but I do notice that my perfume/usual toiletries smell different on my skin. Not horrible,just different.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:07:36

Does everyone shower twice a day when on thier period? blush

littlelamb Tue 30-Jun-09 20:07:40

I am a bit shock at anyone relishing a smell that reminds them of having a baby. The slaughter house smell of the labour ward was one of the things I'd forgotten with dd, but when I had ds it all came back to me <blearugh>

sparkybabe Tue 30-Jun-09 20:09:02

I do notice a sort of mushroomy smell, which I hope is not me. It's not unpleasant, just not....me.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 30-Jun-09 20:10:45

i know what you mean and yes there is a distinct smell.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:12:33

Not having the baby...when my milk came in a few days later.

Celery Tue 30-Jun-09 20:17:14

Public ladies loo's usually smell of periods. Is that the smell you mean? Not particularly pleasant, but not as offensive as shit or piss.

cupcakesinthesnow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:18:36

Yes ikwym. I can tell if my best mate has her period as she gets that smell as well. It's not unpleasant at all it's just a.....something.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:23:14

Fhew...so I'm not a freak. wink

celery I don't think it's the same as public loos.

I don't think i've ever smelt it on anyone else, so thats why I wondered if anyone might be able to smell it on me.

squilly Tue 30-Jun-09 20:24:29

It probably is just me plantaseed. I get quite gippy at some smells around that time of the month. And it's gotten much worse since my 40's. I suspect I'm heading for menopause.

Heated Tue 30-Jun-09 20:26:48

Increased pheromones?

Just keep away from male kangaroos grin.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 20:35:01

heated shock why?

What are 'pheromones'?

sobloodystupid Tue 30-Jun-09 20:39:05

I know what you mean littlelamb about the slaughterhouse smell, I always called it L'eau d'Abbatoir! Yep, that (too?) sweet smell when you have your period, can't stand it...

Heated Tue 30-Jun-09 20:45:55

Was just wondering whether it was pheromones which are chemical signals/unconscious odour cues - men's armpits/ sweat contain pheromones which are attractive to women & wondering if there was an equivalent, but probably just increased hormone level.

The kangaroo reference it just urban myth - I hope!

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Tue 30-Jun-09 20:49:29

Dh used to say that a woman he worked with always smelled a bit different. After giving me a good sniff he declared that I smelled ok hmm. He's such a charmer...

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Tue 30-Jun-09 21:03:31

eyeballs I hope your DH hasn't worked with me blush grin

heated oh yeah, I've heard of the pheromones. But not the kangeroo thing shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now