Talk

Advanced search

Moonwalkers - got your kit yet?

(6 Posts)
Posey Sun 15-May-05 22:16:12

Mine arrived on Friday. I'm so excited now. Even went to the market today to get stuff to decorate my bra.
Bit surprised when I saw quite how far you can go in London in 26.2 miles

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 22:59:33

Good for you Posey. It's really an exciting time isn't it? How's your training going? Remember you just can't be wacky enough with your bra!

Arabica Mon 16-May-05 00:38:23

I've got mine too, Posey. What colour start are you? I'm pink.

MarsLady Mon 16-May-05 00:52:51

did you remember to tick the quickest time box when the form asked how long it would take you to walk the route?

Arabica Mon 16-May-05 11:29:30

I can't recall. Think so. I'm only doing the half-moon though.

Posey Mon 16-May-05 22:08:07

Marslady - unfortunately your advice came after I had applied so I'm in the 2nd starting group.
Arabica - I've got a white number, so I think thats the 2nd group off.
Training's going okay. Was going very well, but had a bit of a blip with kids being ill, dh's shifts making it hard for me to get out on serious walks. But I have done a 14 mile walk and managed to maintain my speed, averaging a little over 4mph.
Was out today in Regents Park in the cold and rain and did 10.5 miles. Must say hope its not too hot on June 18/19 as I certainly find it easier when its a bit cooler.
Arabica, are you walking with a group or on your own.

BTW the pedometer club on here want to do it as a group next year which should be a giggle. Or will I say "never again!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now