Talk

Advanced search

Charity Shops.

(2 Posts)
mummyhill Mon 29-Jun-09 16:42:38

Ok so if a charity shop is selling ex catalogue stuff and puts an rrp on the ticket does it have to be the rrp of the garment originally?

I only ask because one of our local charity shops had some lovely baby stuff in and was trying to tell my friend that it was a designer label. I was certain it was just a catalogue label and told them so. The RRP on the ticket was £24 for a sleep suit and the same again on a vest and bib. They were knocking them out for £3.60 each.

When I got home I googled the label and they are littlewoods own brand. Even worse they are part of a 15 piece set which would cost £22 for the whole set.

Whilst I have no objection to charity shops or buying from them I thought that the whole idea was that you were getting a bargain! Whereas this seemed like a bit of a rip off iyswim.

charis Mon 29-Jun-09 16:55:57

I thought the whole idea was that you are giving to charity. But you are right they shouldn't be lying to you. Perhaps one of the staff was just being a bit overzealous in the marketing, they are volunteers you know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now