Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Couldn't believe my eyes

(9 Posts)
whimsy Sun 15-May-05 20:26:20

Does anyone else find this shocking or is it just me?
I was walking back from church this morning with DS and DM when Dh walked up to meet us with the dog. Anyway Dh said to me "you won't believe what I just saw, but there is a baby outside the bookies on it's own"
We continued to walk down the road when we got to the bookies said baby was still sitting in pushchair outside the bookies. We all stood there astonished, I couldn't believe it. I wanted to go in and shout at parent but, dh said it was best not too.
My DM kept saying "oh we always used to do it" (hopefully not outside bookies )
Anyway have felt bad all day because I didn't go in and they didn't come out. We were there 10 mins.
How can people do that, im sure they couldn't be that desperate for a bet

marne Sun 15-May-05 20:29:41

OMG!
They must be mad, i wouldnt leave mine in the garden on her own let alone outside a shop, its just not safe these days.

Gobbledigook Sun 15-May-05 20:33:22

This def used to happen a lot in the 'olden days' . Blimey not now though - I never let them out of my sight for a second. Scarey.

whimsy Sun 15-May-05 20:37:30

I know it really shocked me, my mom was like "oh we used to do it all the time"
This was on a main road, just off a motorway junction at a cross roads if some one had decided to snatch him/her they'd have been off. I know it's rare but you never know.

misdee Sun 15-May-05 20:43:23

i actually told someone not to leave their baby outside as someone could walk off with her, and got sa moutnful of abuse. she claimed she couldnt take the buggy inthe shop which is total bull as i used to manovre a huge tandem buggy round the shop.

Spacecadet Sun 15-May-05 20:55:10

i have never left any of mine outside shops asbabies and igf i couldnt get my pushchair round the shop properly, i carried them in and complaned bitterly. these days i am always leaving the 2 eldest , 13 and 11 outside, in the garden, shops etc, but they are always still there later...damn!

whimsy Sun 15-May-05 21:01:38

Spacecadet

suedonim Sun 15-May-05 21:53:24

I used to leave my ds outside shops etc 30yrs ago and never imagined that anything would happen to him. But I didn't dream of doing the same with my dd's, who are 17 and 9. It's such a sad sign of the times.

Surfermum Sun 15-May-05 21:56:55

I take dd (2) in the bookies with me. Although I only go in twice a year for the Gold Cup and the Grand National. This year it was four times as I had to collect my winnings .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now