Talk

Advanced search

Help - has anyone got a brownie guide badge book handy?

(12 Posts)
Aniles Sun 15-May-05 18:46:42

Dd is supposed to be doing something to get a braownie badge tomorrow and I haven't got the badge book. It needs to be something quick and easy without lots of preparation. If anyone has the book handy can you please have a look and see what you have to do to get the cookery badge, or the collectors badge, or anything else that's easy please???

The leader is a right dragon and will tell dd off if she doesn't do something but we've only just remembered!

Please help

happymerryberries Sun 15-May-05 18:49:00

cookery

happymerryberries Sun 15-May-05 18:49:24

And I'm a failure as a Brownie mum too

oooggs Sun 15-May-05 18:50:41

Try this

http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/xq/asp/sID.337/aID.824/qx/new/members/article.asp

then you can choose your own

KBear Sun 15-May-05 18:54:03

but surely leader shouldn't be a dragon - supposed to have fun when you're a brownie aren't you??? . Do they still do the hostess badge?

Munchkinola Sun 15-May-05 19:35:37

The computer badge looks fairly easy. I was a tester for one of the girls at school and she had done most of it in class. Worth asking her teacher?

Aniles Sun 15-May-05 23:48:22

Thanks for your replies. Dd says she hasn't done some of the things requested for the computer badge. Think we'll go for the collectors badge. She's got hundreds of teddies, I'm sure that will do. She can talk about where they came from, why she likes them etc, and I can do a search for a collector of teddy bears that she can name. Hmmm, also says she needs to:
Visit two other collections, for example at a museum, art gallery, zoo or library. Describe your visits and how the collections were displayed.
Not sure about that!

This Brownies lark is not simple. Dd has suggested that she just miss Brownies this week . And yes, the leader is definitely a dragon. I find her to be very intimidating and if it wasn't for the fact that dd really enjoys the activities they do she wouldn't go at all.
I recently drove dd to brownie camp an hour away and when we got there I realised I'd forgotten to take the signed permission slip. The leader was really cross and said that I'd have to take dd home, that she wouldn't be able to stay for the camp!! Fortunatley, another one of the leaders sensibly suggested that I simply write out and sign a permission slip on a piece of paper. Can you imagine if I'd have had to take dd back home

KBear Mon 16-May-05 16:53:53

She sounds awful - I'm surprised she has any Brownies at all! You would expect standards of discipline at Brownies of course but she sounds scary!

lisalisa Mon 16-May-05 17:00:01

Message withdrawn

alibubbles Mon 16-May-05 17:22:24

I'm a trainee guide leader, I would be horrified if any of my collegues behaved like that!

Guides and brownies should be fun, not all about collecting badges, our guides do a lot of their badge work together during patrol time and as a unit.

What a dragon!

Spacecadet Mon 16-May-05 20:51:03

when my dd was a brownie the leader was lovely and would never put pressure on re badges, normally badges are obtained during patrol timee, events etc, but dd used to ask if she could try for a badge occasionally. a good one is housekeeping, dont know if they still do it, dd left brownies 4 years ago, but all they do is get mum or dad to confirm that they have have helped with about 5 household jobs and they get the badge, easy peasy!

AuntyQuated Mon 16-May-05 20:57:52

i ahve the brownie book in front of me if you need any more ideas.
AQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now