Talk

Advanced search

Ebay question.............second chance offers??????

(11 Posts)
emmatmg Sun 15-May-05 14:19:24

I've sold my first few thing on Ebay this morning and 2 of them are eligable for 2nd chance offers.

Whay does this mean in simple terms?

I've read the bit about them in the help section but with 3 Ds's screaming in my ear I can't make sense of it.

Do I have to do something else or the buyer?

<scratching head>>

bubblerock Sun 15-May-05 14:22:15

HI emmatmg - basically if you have another item the same or in the event of a non payer you can offer the same item to the next highest bidder. I've used it before when someone didn't pay on time I sold it for a pound less but didn't have to relist. HTH

emmatmg Sun 15-May-05 14:28:31

Oh right, thanks bubble.

I've sold 4 out of the 10 things so far, why are only 2 eliegable.

Has the losing bidder clicked something to tell me they want to be concidered?

bubblerock Sun 15-May-05 14:29:22

Have you got more than 1 bidder on all of them?

emmatmg Sun 15-May-05 14:33:46

errr, I don't know....how can i tell?

bubblerock Sun 15-May-05 14:34:14

Just checked your stuff - 2 items had more than 1 bidder so you had another person interested so could make them a second chance offer but the other 2 just had 1 bidder so you couln't make anyone a second chance offer - if that makes sense! Well done though, good fun isn't it? and it soon mounts up

emmatmg Sun 15-May-05 14:39:23

Blimey.
1 had 10 bids and the other had 7.

I've recieved a paypal payment for one so that can't be eligable anymore I assume.

I wait for payment on the other, if it doesn't arrive then that goes to the next bidder.......have I got it?

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 14:46:35

Message withdrawn

bubblerock Sun 15-May-05 14:47:08

Yep, when you put more things on pu something in the payment instructions such as "contact must be made within 3 days of auction ending and payment must be received within 5 days, if I do not hear from you I will offer the item to the next highest bidder and leave negative feedback"

I know it sounds really harsh but if you don't specify time limits you never know where you are and people do unforunately take the piss! I do find a lot of people like to pay by cheque (I know it's a pain) but if you don't accept them then you may lose bidders. Try to get your items finishing early evening when most people go on 8pm is pretty good as most kids are in bed - also avoid Fri/Sat nights as some people have social lives (lucky buggers!)

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 14:48:19

Message withdrawn

bubblerock Sun 15-May-05 14:50:22

I keep switching from pc to laptop so i'm not signed in. Trying to sort out a booking system for the website with online payment etc... Bloody nightmare!!! Stu's buggered off to Cheltenham so have kids under my feet too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now