Harry Potter Quiz - please test for me! (long)(17 Posts)
Number 51 is the same as number 1.
Can't help on the rest - I positively loathe HP
Soz - bit curt and all after you've gone to all that trouble - didn't mean to be!
i can answer them all ok youve done well i love hp!
I will see how many DS can do tomorrow and let you know
1. in his mouth?
2. Don't know - Griselda? Esmerelda?
3. something with a 'V' in...
4. Know this one - the mark burns
5. don't know
6. don't know
7. Grubby Planks?
9. don't know
10. don't know
11. don't know
12. don't know
14. Lee Jordan
15. at a guess... Bill, Percy, Fred & George, Ron, Ginny. Oh no - there's another older one isn't there?
16. Crucio, Adava Kavara (or sim), um...
17. St Mungo's
18. "I am planning mischief" (or sim)
19. Sir Nicholas ....??
21. Ron, Dean and Seamus
22. no idea
23. can't remember
26. the think of something happy/funny thing
27. wooly jumper
28. a stag
29. they remembered something they had to leave for?
32. Mrs Norris
33. no way
34. The Malfoys
37. Whizz... nope.
39. an umbrella?
42. Viktor Krum
43. St Brutus's school for the criminally insane (or sim)
45. Prof Sprout
49. ford anglia
50. don't know
Didn't do very well - and I've only just finished reading the Order of the Phoenix
Children would prob do better on it than me. I did find it satisfyingly difficult!
Charlie!! Thank you!
Was I wrong with the Ravenclaw head of house? It's bugging me now.
You know more than I do cupcakes. Just thought I'd fill in the only gap I could
Excellent quiz hausfrau; you've pitched it well I think.
Dh and I (have both read all the books, but mostly only once, and none recently, and have aged brains and not big fans) got about 20 each.
DS1 (only 7 but he's a big fan and has read the books several times and is rather nerdy) answered 39 straight off (Dh and I were astounded!). This was late at night, and I didn't give him any thinking time; with a bit more time he might have dredged up the answers to a few more.
Hope your German teenagers enjoy it!
PS Q.32 - Filtch is actually spelled Filch.
Btw is this a 'writing down the answers' quiz. Some answers (e.g. no. 18) are quite long! (To wipe clean the marauders map is a short answer - "mischief managed")
So ds1 tells me anyway!
Who's Tonks? None of us can remember!
1. How does Harry catch the snitch in his first Quidditch match? In his mouth
2. What is Tonks' first name? Philomena(?)
3. What is Tom Riddles middle name? Malvolo
4. How do the Death Eaters know when to gather? Voldemort presses a death eater's tattoo and it burns
5. Where is the chamber where Lucius Malfoy hides Dark Arts objects? under the dining room floor
6. What does Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (the Hogwarts motto) mean in Latin? ?
7. What is the name of the teacher who takes Hagrid's lesson while he is away? Professor Grubbly-Plank
8. Who is the head of Ravenclaw House? Professor Flitwick (hard one as it doesn't appear in any of the books)
9. What is Neville's father's name? Frank
10. What is Crabbes first name? Vincent
11. Lumos makes a wand light up, but which spell makes it go dark again? Nox
12. Which team does Viktor Krum play for? Bulgaria
13. In Quidditch, how many hoops does each team have to protect? 3
14. Who commentates for the Hogwarts Quidditch matches? Lee Jordan
15. Name all of the Weasley Children in order Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred/George, Ron, Ginny
16. What are the 3 unforgiveable curses? Crucio, Imperio and Avada Kedavra
17. What is the name of the wizard hospital? St Mungo's Hopital for Magical Maladies and ?
18. What do you have to say to get the Marauders' Map to work? I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
19. What is the real name of Nearly Headless Nick? Sir Nicholas Mimsy-Porpington
20. What is Harry's middle name? James
21. Who are Harrys room mates? Ron, Neville, Seamus and Dean
22. What are Hermiones parents do? Dentists
23. What is the name of Hagrids giant mother? Fridwulfa
24. How many Sickles in a Galleon 17?
25. How is a Basilisk born? From a chicken's egg that's been sat on by a snake?
26. How do you get rid of a boggart Riddikulus (confuse it/laugh at it)
27. What Christmas present does Mrs Weasley give her children every year? Jumpers
28. What form does Harrys patronus take White stag
29. What happened to Muggles when they saw the Quidditch World Cup stadium? They suddenly remembered an important appointment elsewhere
30. Who does Uncle Vernon work for? Grunnings
31. Who wrote Unfogging the Future? ?
32. What is the name of Filtchs cat? Mrs Norris
33. What was the winning score of the Quidditch Word Cup? ?
34. Which wizarding family did Dobby work for? Malfoys
35. What is the name of the truth serum that Dolores Umbridge asks Snape to provide her with? Veritaserum
36. What special lessons did Snape give Harry to stop Voldemort invading his thoughts? Occlumency
37. What is the name of the Sweet shop in Hogsmeade? Honeydukes
38. Who teased Moaning Myrtle about her glasses? Violet ?
39. What does Hagrid use instead of a Wand? a pink umbrella
40. What is the Number of the Vault containing the Philosophers Stone at Gringotts?
41. How many players on a Quidditch team? 7
42. Who took Hermione to the Yule Ball? Viktor Krum
43. According to the Dursleys, what school does Harry go to? St Brutus's School for Criminal Boys?
44. What fruit do you have to tickle to enter the Hogwarts kitchens? Pear
45. Who is the Head of Hufflepuff House? Professor Sprout
46. What piece of Peter Pettigrew's body was recovered when he was 'killed' by Sirius? A finger
47. What is on the pictures in Dolores Umbridges office? Kittens
48. What did Hermione give Harry for his 13th Birthday? Broomstick repair kit
49. What kind of Car does Mr Weasley have? Ford Anglia
50. Who is the Landlady of the Three Broomsticks? Madame Rosmerta
51. How does Harry cach the snitch in his first Quidditch match? In his mouth (again!)
I knew an embarrassing number of those!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.