Talk

Advanced search

Does a website exist where you can search for the name of a film if you only know the plot?

(7 Posts)
jane313 Sat 14-May-05 21:41:17

I have a couple of plotes of old obscure film buzzing around my head and I have tried googling and www.imdb.com but the latter seems to need actual titles or names rather than my vague memories!

Gobbledigook Sat 14-May-05 21:41:38

Try us!

Gobbledigook Sat 14-May-05 21:42:58

Just going for my tea now though...

hunkermunker Sat 14-May-05 21:43:25

Snap, crackle and pop GDG?

hunkermunker Sat 14-May-05 21:43:31

krackle, even.

jane313 Sat 14-May-05 21:48:37

good one.

1) I saw this french film on tv in the 80's. The female lead was a shoplifter and she stole clothes by layering them. I think she met her husband to be in a record shop. When they got married ther both wore top hat and tails or suits. In my 13 yr old way I remember thinking it was sooo stylish.

2) Probaly a late 80s or nineties film which I never saw but read rave reviews of. It was Canadian or indie American and was about a boy who though he was a tomato or loved tomatoes or who had a tomato as a friend or some such whimsy to do with tomatoes. It was called something vaguely like topolo or lopolo or popolo (bizarrely enough there seems to be an more recent film with a similar plot I found whilst googling).

God I don't know why these things have popped into my head but they are driving me craaaazy

jane313 Sat 14-May-05 23:14:40

I just looked a bit harder on imbd.com

and no 2 was called Leolo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now