Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone do pilates?

(6 Posts)
pootlepod Fri 13-May-05 19:22:47

Have been considering going to a class. My stomach was never the flattest pre DD but it was more toned. Will it really help my stomach? How long to get the effect? Will I need to keep it up?

littlerach Fri 13-May-05 19:46:18

I do an hour a week, not sure how much difference I've noticed as I 've also been eating healthier so it's a combination of the 2.
I find some of it quite hard, especially re the lower abdomional muscle (I have none!) but some of it easy. Our instructor always offers the 3 levels so you can go with what you are comfortable with.
I'd say it's definitely worth a go, it is a relaxed atmosphere and TBH I don't always feel that I'm exercising.
(Does make you very aware of your pelvic floor)

ambrosia Fri 13-May-05 19:50:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mosschops30 Fri 13-May-05 20:02:20

Message withdrawn

Spacecadet Fri 13-May-05 20:39:35

been going since october, even during my brief preg, its very good for strengthening the back and toning, legs and tummy, a really good one is the plank and the 100. itsa very claming atmosphere but when i leave i feel like ive done an hour in the gym!

dancer77 Fri 13-May-05 20:46:38

Pilates will work your stomach very much if you do the exercises properly and with a good instructor. However if you have excess body fat over the muscles you probably notice the difference even if you feel it. The only way to get rid of that is aeobic exercise. Very good for poture and suppleness though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now