Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Body Worlds Exhibition at the O2? Is it child friendly

(7 Posts)
cocococo Mon 22-Jun-09 12:09:18

I've been offered a couple of tickets to go and see the Body Worlds Exhibtion - not really knowing what was there and having looked at the website, I'm now wondering if it will give my DS aged 7 nightmares!! Would you take your kids? Anyone been? It's basically 200 preserved human bodies on display to tie in with the tv programme that was on with Dr Gunther von Hagen - the man with the hat! I'm fascinated, as is DH but the grandparents think we're being silly taking DS...

More details here:

www.visitlondon.com/bodyworlds/

blametheparents Mon 22-Jun-09 12:41:12

I have been and really loved it.

I did not take my DS (age 7) and was very glad that I had not. I don't think he would have liked it, and may well have been a bit scared, but then all kid are different and another 7 yo might be ok. The exhibits of a mother with a child in utero were particularly graphic.
Also, there was quite a lot of reading and information to take in, and I'm not sure any 7yo would have enjoyed all of that. Far too in depth.

spicemonster Mon 22-Jun-09 12:42:24

I wouldn't take a child - I was sick afterward (I was pregnant to be fair) but I suspect it would really freak out most kids. I'm not sure you can take children actually ...

SolidGoldBrass Mon 22-Jun-09 12:43:45

I saw the earlier version of this about 10 years ago and I would say: depends on your DC. Lots of 7-year-olds are fascinated with gore and gruesomeness and would love it (it is intriguing and some of the exhibits are beautiful in an odd way). But if your DC is the hello-clouds hell-sky presed flower collecting sort who is easily sacred and prone to nightmares, then definitely NOT suitable.

Picante Mon 22-Jun-09 12:46:37

I've been and would definitely NOT take a child - there are dead pregnant women with foetuses inside them and all sorts.

Not suitable.

Facinating and made me feel very sick, but not suitable.

cocococo Mon 22-Jun-09 15:14:52

what was I thinking! I wont take him. Thanks ladies - you helped me make my mind up. Will donate the tickets to my parents instead I think

Picante Mon 22-Jun-09 17:18:03

If you can go on your own I would recommend it - it's something you'll never forget and is incredibly fascinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now