Talk

Advanced search

Ebay-Buyer claims to have paid by paypal but my records say I have had no payment.what do I do???

(10 Posts)
Forgetmenot Fri 13-May-05 08:36:18

Having no success trying to contact e-bay direct so I wondered if this had happened to anybody in MN world?
My buyer claims to have paid using paypal on 25th April but my ebay account still says 'item awaiting payment' and there's no record in my paypal account either!
Its only for a pifling £1.99 and to save negative feedback I'm wondering whether to just sent item anyway! But it's the principle, she has one negative feedback about non payment and no communication.
Anyone had this experience?

serenity Fri 13-May-05 08:40:33

I would put it back into the Buyers hands. Tell them they need to chase up Paypal, as you haven't received their funds and won't be releasing the item until you do. Don't let them bully you into sending the item.

Hulababy Fri 13-May-05 08:47:48

Could you take a screen shot of your current payment details - showing that their payment is NOT there, and send it to them - and CC e-bay admin into it?

MarsLady Fri 13-May-05 08:51:04

whatever you do, don't send the item until payment has been received. The only one who has to worry about negative feedback is her. As she already has one she's probably not that bothered. Email her telling her that unless the item is paid for within the next week then you will be forced to leave negative feedback. Keep a copy of the email. If you don't receive payment leave the neg feedback for her and either relist your item or sell it elsewhere. It's not your problem, but hers!

morningpaper Fri 13-May-05 08:57:42

I'd be terribly apologetic but you don't have any records... and ask her to send you the PayPal confirmation email. She's probably just made a mistake.

jenkel Fri 13-May-05 09:04:26

We had something similar to this once, the buyer had paid via paypal but to the wrong account, so somebody else ended up with the money. Just get them to confirm what paypal account they paid the money into, if its the same send them a screenshot of your account summary page (dont think it displays anything that you wouldnt want them to see but check), and suggest that they contact paypal themselves to sort it out. When it happened to us, Paypal issued a credit and the buyer then paid into our account, took a while though. But dont send anything until you have received payment.

Forgetmenot Fri 13-May-05 09:11:18

Thankyou everybody!!
I shall follow your advice!!

kid Fri 13-May-05 09:13:12

Sometimes there is a dealy in paypal payment going through. If she is insisting she has paid it, then she must have an email from paypal to confirm this. Ask her to forward it to as you havne't received anything.

kid Fri 13-May-05 09:13:44

dealy = delay

Forgetmenot Sat 14-May-05 23:15:45

Kid I have asked her to do that.
I have also sent her a screen grab of my account history.
Still awaiting a reply, she seems a bit flaky!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: