Talk

Advanced search

Had a crap weepy day today. Tell me how crap your day was to make me feel better.

(21 Posts)
bubble99 Wed 11-May-05 22:30:55

Anything. Make it up if necessary.

tortoiseshell Wed 11-May-05 22:32:37

Sorry you've had a bad day bubble99. I had 2 vomiting children at home, had to stay off work and watch crappy CBeebies, children whingey and whiney, then had to drive 45 miles this evening in car smelling of vomit(really not pleasant) then 45 miles back.

SaintGeorge Wed 11-May-05 22:32:58

Stubbed my toe when I got out of bed this morning.

Then when I came downstairs I stood in the deposit the cat had kindly left on the bottom step - with bare feet too, lovely that was.

Oh and and I split the last of the milk when I should have poured it on the weetabix.

That was all before 9am.

tortoiseshell Wed 11-May-05 22:33:00

Oh and my biggest achievement was cleaning the bathroom.

aaliyahsmum Wed 11-May-05 22:33:35

dd dad rang to say the holiday he had booked a couple of months ago was aload of crap and that he wasnt having dd this weekend which ment we have had tears and she is now refusing to speak to him as he always does this to her, she even told dp who she also calls dad that she loves him cos he never lets her down

MarsLady Wed 11-May-05 22:35:34

I went to school in my lovely summer gear and froze my little (well not quite little) tushy off.

DH didn't turn on any of his mobile phones so I couldn't tell him where or when to pick up DD1.

DH broke the drawer on my brand new fridge.

My friend was scared by a lunatic at Sainsburys.

My 1950s dress doesn't fit coz my boobies and my tummy are too big.

sob! does that help at all?

GeorginaA Wed 11-May-05 22:35:39

Bank paying in machine decided to eat only one of my cheques and then spat out a receipt to say that I had paid in £0.00.

lavenderrr Wed 11-May-05 22:37:22

was good but dh showed me his seriasis and looked so frustrated that it made me feel a little helpless and understanding of everything and life can be bloody hard sometimes too

LGJ Wed 11-May-05 22:37:53

Well

I got up, stubbed my big toe on the bedstead, it promptly withered and fell off.

I hobbled to the bathroom and got into the shower, only to discover that DH had beaten me to it. Never mind cold showers are good for the soul.

I was so angry I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth in a right old temper.. how surprised was I when they fell out

I left DH to sort out DS, and hobbled downstairs to have some breakfast, only to discover the bread was so mouldy it needed a shave.

Hobbled out to the car to discover that I had a flat tyre, and that I had picked up 3 points because my tax disc had slipped out of view.

BTW, it is not even 8.30 yet...... is this helping

LGJ Wed 11-May-05 22:38:54

St George are you my twin??, I made mine up, you ???

bubble99 Wed 11-May-05 22:39:22

I feel better already. Everyone else's life always seem so gleamy and it's nice (sorry) to hear that I'm not the only one who has crap days.

SaintGeorge Wed 11-May-05 22:41:34

Nope LGJ, all true.

Was planning on making up the after 9 oclock stuff though

Tanzie Wed 11-May-05 22:46:29

Well I'm having a bad week. Crashed the car on Sunday (man claimed I reversed into him, I said he hit me from behind - not a mark on my car, but his bonnet all stoved in). Cocked something up big time at work on Monday and have not dared admit it yet (waiting to see if anyone notices). Had friends round last night, one asked me if I ever fed my cat, as it was the thinnest one she had ever seen. I explained cat is 20 and ill and on its last legs (and disappeared to toilet for a little weep). Cat has taken umbrage and has now gone AWOL (but shat on the floor before it left). DH did not get a job he went for, found that out today. Does that help? Oh, and have just got in from "working dinner" (and am an hour ahead of you lot).

Better now?

bubble99 Wed 11-May-05 22:48:11

Getting there Tanzie.

Gwenick Wed 11-May-05 22:51:33

ooooo where do I start.

Slept in after DS2 decided to gurgle to himself in his cot rather than scream the place down. Woke up at 9.40 (when DS2 decided it was time to scream the house down as DS1 had left him on his own) and panicked big time. Was supposed to be going out at 10.15 to one of the local schools with some church members to promote our after school service........DS2 had a stinky nappy, I needed to get the dinner in the slowcooker and both boys dressed and fed in 30 minutes.

Managed to get the little one 'almost' dressed - he was running round topless - and the big one dressed himself. Started on the dinner working out I had exactly 8 minutes to get it sorted and into the slow cooker............

Then the door bell rang - it was my friends mum (who was baby sitting while I was out) telling me that friend was waiting in the car!!! Shock, horror, panic (muttered swearing underbreath) - told her I thought it was 10.15 - we were going. Friend came in and said I must have got confused with the times (didn't argue - and wouldn't anyhow as she's a really good friend).

Got to the school, played, got back, tidied the kitchen, managed to get the boys fed and ME (I never usually eat lunch - and if I do NEVER before I've dropped DS1 at nursery) and ready to leave 10 minutes earlier than usual (we're usually late).

Walked very proudly down to nursery..............only to get there and be reminded it was a teacher training day - thankfully about 5 or 6 other mum's all turned up at the same time as me - having all forgotten to.

Then had to walk a disappointed 4.5yr old back home and think of ways to entertain him (I cheated and let him watch TV while DS2 slept).

Gave them a drink and then got a splitting headache, put them in their room to play with the stairgate on and went for a lie down in our room (next door to theirs) - 'rested' for about 1 1/2hours (shouting - "play nicely" "stop fighting" "don't take his toys away" intermittenly while half asleep).

"woke up" at 5.50pm and panicked to get the bed made and the rest of dinner on before DH came home (still with splitting headache). Managed to get it done and haven't really done much this evening.

Mind you I'm still figuring out how to get the blue biro off the white leather chair side and back (put there by DS1 'sometime' yesterday - but he tried to blame his brother - I know I've got a clever DS2 - but I REALLY don't think a 17 1/2 month old could write 11 beautiful "T"'s and nice circles yet.............)

bubble99 Wed 11-May-05 22:58:46

Wow gwenick! And I thought my day was shite.

Gwenick Wed 11-May-05 23:20:00

hope it made you feel a bit better.

I forgot to say - I also had to do my online grocery shop too this evening - and DH (tired and stressed with business stuff) complained it was 'more than last week!! (err well yes we needed more tissues, cleaning stuff, coffee, shampoo for the boys etc etc - thing we don't (thankfully) have to buy each week).

He seems to be over it now (thankgoodness!) and strangely writing about my day has helped me put it all in perspective and made me feel better - so I think I may have an early night.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow bubble

foxd Wed 11-May-05 23:22:22

I awoke after only 3 1/2 hours sleep. HAd to mad dash round to get boys ready to go to childminders only to discover and remember that most of clothes were still in the wash, and the fridge held nothing to make eldests packed lunch because it has constantly rained & the dryers packed in and have not had the time to do a shop .
Had a row with dh to boot because he wasn't amused that the washing and shopping wasn't done. To which I reminded him that he lived in the house too and that if he wanted things done to pull his finger out.

Went to college and because course nearly is finished, was contiuously reminded by the tutors at each lesson about the very soon exams and all the coursework that needs to be in.

The reason for not getting much sleep is I had to stay up to the wee hours to finish an ass thats due in for mon because another ass is also due in same day and also need to complete it.

When came home discovered computer would not turn on.
Had another row with dh about buying another one so can finish ass's and all coursework, to which he bashed & banged on it a few times and it started up.
Now have a v smug husband who thinks he's across between fonzie and he-man.

bubble99 Wed 11-May-05 23:37:36

Yeah. On the crapometer I reckon your day would be up there in the 9's foxd.

BadHair Thu 12-May-05 00:02:17

My bad day started yesterday. Car broke down on a roundabout on way home from work at 8pm. Nice man in van towed me off the roundabout then left me at the side of the road with a cheery wave. Mobile battery ran out while on phone to RAC, but they did call me straight back, bless them. Got towed to garage. Got home to find my grumpy cat had bitten my mum really badly.
Got repair bill from garage this morning - £700. The cam belt's gone and taken half the engine with it. Car is worth nothing like that so it's not worth repairing. To cheer me up dp worked out that the wheel trims are now worth more than the rest of the car put together.

LGJ Thu 12-May-05 00:03:03

Badhair

PMSL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now