Talk

Advanced search

What to get the Nursery workers rather than a boring box of chocolates?

(14 Posts)
Fairynufff Mon 15-Jun-09 18:52:53

My DD will be leaving nursery in July and as she is the third and last of my children to have gone there I want to send the ladies something nice to say a retrospective thank you for having looked after all three so well. My DD has loved every day and I want to get them something more than just a box of chocolates - I'm sure they'll get lots of those on the last week. I thought about a fruit basket delivered but I don't know who does them and it isn't something that can be easily shared. There are around 10 ladies who work there.

DLI Mon 15-Jun-09 20:39:35

how much are you wanting to spend?

Fairynufff Mon 15-Jun-09 21:08:33

I suppose £20-30. Sounds miserly but we are poor as church mice and I can't afford much.

missblythe Mon 15-Jun-09 21:10:44

A magazine subscription for the staff room.

Or a v. posh hand wash and hand cream for their bathroom.

LionstarBigPants Mon 15-Jun-09 21:12:04

I've given yummy boxes of luxury biscuits in the past.

I also hear that big pots of hand cream/wash go down very well - something like L'Occitaine

Ceebee74 Mon 15-Jun-09 21:12:06

For Christmas one year, I bought them some really good quality coffee, tea and hot chocolate for the staff room. If you wanted to spend a bit more, you could perhaps make up your own 'hamper' with some posh biscuits, sweets etc aswell?

Bramshott Mon 15-Jun-09 21:19:08

When DD1 left nursery I bought a mobile (was kind of like a rainbow-coloured endless spiral thing) for the nursery as well as a small box of chocolates for the staff, and it seemed to go down really well.

blametheparents Mon 15-Jun-09 21:20:12

I did that too Ceebee74, the staff were really pleased.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 15-Jun-09 21:20:59

Mine like wine - I asked them if there is anything they would like and they were very emphatic on this point hmm grin

Apparently they all have a bit of a party when the year ends in the nursery (I am assuming they ride on the rocking horses and dance madly to the Balamory theme tunes) grin

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 15-Jun-09 21:22:55

Cafetiere and nice coffee?
Or a selection of Lush bath bombs- one for each of them

Doodle2u Mon 15-Jun-09 21:23:42

Rescue Remedy in a pretty box.

katz Mon 15-Jun-09 21:27:53

when my girls finished at nursery i did a hamper of posh teas and coffees, new mugs, t-towels and soem books. They loved it.

Fairynufff Mon 15-Jun-09 22:20:45

Brilliant ideas! I will definately go for a home-made 'hamper' with the nice tea, coffee, mugs, biccies and any extras I can afford...they will love that. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

PhaseAte Mon 15-Jun-09 22:21:05

tiny bottles of champagne with straws attached

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now