Talk

Advanced search

I'd like to know about shopping online (clothes)

(14 Posts)
notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 09:44:36

WHat happens if you don't like it/doesn't fit or whatever - is it easy to send back?

HOw does it work?

Sorry for daft questions, but I've never bought clothes online before and am fed up of traipsing round town with reluctant dd2

Thanks smile

Smithagain Sun 14-Jun-09 09:47:34

Yes - you send it back in the packaging it came in, with a form that will be included in the paperwork they send you. Sometimes postage is free, sometimes you have to pay. They refund your card.

It's much, much nicer than shopping with a child!!!

I started shopping for the children (where I'm less likely to send back), but have gained confidence and now do most of my own clothes online (or in Sainsbury's where I'm worrying prone to impulse buying grin)

llareggub Sun 14-Jun-09 09:48:36

It is very easy.

Most stores send out their wares in packaging that can be used to send the items back if they don't fit. You can also take them back to the real shop on the High Street if that is easier.

I do tend to just buy from High Street stores where I am sure of sizing though.

notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 09:51:34

So you don't have to worry about re-packaging it yourself and sending it off etc ?

Do you know what online shops do free return stuff?

Thanks!

Smithagain Sun 14-Jun-09 12:37:09

The stuff comes in plastic bags, with a flap that can be stuck down again. You need to unpack it carefully so that you don't tear the bags. It's easy enough to repack in the bags. Mostly you do have to get it to a post office to send it back. Some can be taken back to a local shop, which is at least quicker than browsing with a toddler!

Don't know what they do with returns. They have to be in as-new condition and packed in original packaging, so I imagine they go back on sale, much as they would if tried on in the shop.

notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 19:53:24

Thanks smile

I'm very tempted...

So please tell me the best, low-fuss online shopping sites!

scaryteacher Mon 15-Jun-09 08:49:44

Land End for grown ups - free returns, and a no quibble guarantee.

Boden if you use MN I think - great for kids, hard wearing and washes well, and generous sizings, which is great for a rapidly growing 13yo ds.

notnowbernard Mon 15-Jun-09 12:52:30

Thanks, ST

Smithagain Mon 15-Jun-09 18:13:46

Where do you shop on the High Street? My top sites would be Next, M&S and Bravissimo, which tells you all you need to know about my age and chest dimensions grin. Hawkhead also good - along the same lines as Lands End, but cheaper!

Smithagain Mon 15-Jun-09 18:14:11

Hawkshead, not Hawkhead.

Fairynufff Mon 15-Jun-09 18:44:18

Debenhams is brilliant for kids clothes and you can often get voucher codes for free delivery and discounts (that's a whole new learning curve for you!).

La Redoute has some different styles but often poor quality.

Littlewoods is mainstream but free delivery and returns.

I love Next but seem to take everything back (free delivery to a local store which kind of defeats the object but it's less fuss dragging kids in just to pick up the parcel and trying on a home!).

Others worth a mention: Fat face, ASOS and cheapy fashion from George

notnowbernard Mon 15-Jun-09 22:29:48

WHere do I shop on the high st?

Depends on how much I have to spend grin

But generally, Topshop, Oasis, New Look, Gap, Primark when skint

Saw some stuff on Oasis online earlier, might order a few bits tomorrow!

Thanks for tips and sugestions smile

Merle Mon 22-Jun-09 13:54:23

Hi NNB, I am now buying most of my clothes on ebay. I've been surprised what I can get and how cheap it is. It might depend on how up to date you like to be but even so it is worth a look. It helps if you know your size in a certain shop - I know how M&S clothes generally fit me, so that makes it easier. I have been buying clothes for work - work suits for less than a fiver, so it works a treat.

Lilly79 Tue 23-Jun-09 18:46:46

Thanks for the advice - I have also thought about buying some clothes online for my little girl. I will defenitely try it now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now