Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is a friend?

(11 Posts)
Mothernature Wed 11-May-05 10:58:45

A friend is one who knows who you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you become, and still gently invites you to grow.

A friend is someone that won't begin to talk behind your back when you leave the room.

A friend is someone who dances with you in the sunlight and walks beside you in the shadows.

A friend is someone who has the same enemies you have. (Abraham Lincoln)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

A friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg even though you're slightly cracked.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

fastasleep Wed 11-May-05 11:11:06

'A friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg even though you're slightly cracked.' I think that's the only type of friend I've ever had! Lol!

Mothernature Wed 11-May-05 11:12:05

Mothernature Wed 11-May-05 12:19:18

bump

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 11-May-05 12:20:50

I wish I had a friend like that.

dyzzidi Wed 11-May-05 12:21:06

a friend is someone who you talk to without words and understands without explanations

fostermum Wed 11-May-05 12:23:15

a friend is someone you can talk complete b**cks to and not feel embarrased!

fastasleep Wed 11-May-05 12:24:00

Well I talked complete bollocks to poor old MTS on Monday.... she didn't seem to mind!

Tortington Wed 11-May-05 12:56:35

rhubard just sent be a lovley verse in an e-mail ( which i have since deleted) entitled "for my best fwend" it read something...something like this

a friend is like piss in your pants
gives you that warm feeling
that no one else can

nice

fastasleep Wed 11-May-05 12:58:25

brill!

squirrel3 Wed 11-May-05 13:00:09

A friend...

is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today the way you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now