Advanced search


(4 Posts)
Evesmama Tue 10-May-05 14:37:33

just got our reveiw in and although we constantly keep them informed of our circumstances....i have now been told that because i am recieving longer term I.B, i will have to give them all the figures and will be taxed on it.

apart from the fact, they were informed when it happend, what did they think had happend?i hdnt contacted them to say i was working so obviously was still recieving it..

so now as well as owing council tax a few hundred pounds, we now may owe them £100's too

emmamama Tue 10-May-05 14:42:49

Keep on telling them that you have informed them of your changes more or less immediately and if you have been overpaid as a result of their mistake then surely this is an official error and should not be recoverable?

Might be worth a try. If it has to be repaid tell them you can only afford 50p a month.

Evesmama Tue 10-May-05 14:44:47

they constantly change our amount from month too month, then send us a cheque for 2.17 or something silly like that...they keep saying theyve over paid us, but surley that shouldnt happen???we always ring them if theres a change and we are always all over the place at the bank cos they change our amounts without informaing us

emmamama Tue 10-May-05 14:56:54

Unfortunately they are useless. Perhaps ask to speak to a manager and ask for a complete breakdown of what has been paid and why. If you do speak to one, do not finish until you are 100% certain of what has happened, they may try and fob you off with gobblegook. And always, always, always get that persons name at the beginning of the call.

They tend to give you better service if they know you know who they are IYKWIM.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: