Talk

Advanced search

Wedding present ideas for couple who don't have a list and don't want anything for their home?

(21 Posts)
vicdubya Mon 09-May-05 21:05:48

Inspire me!

katzguk Mon 09-May-05 21:06:59

what about one of the gifts from Oxfam or worldvision, like training a teacher in a third world country?

WigWamBam Mon 09-May-05 21:07:36

Depending on your price range:

A goat from Oxfam
Theatre vouchers
A day at a health farm together

dropinthe Mon 09-May-05 21:08:12

Wine tasting at Vineopolis?-how much do you want to spend?

morningpaper Mon 09-May-05 21:08:45

Cinema vouchers?
Booze?

I gave friends a fifty quid note in an envelope and said it was for their first meal out as a married couple.

KBear Mon 09-May-05 21:12:49

Book them a night in a nice hotel for a couple of months time so they can have something special to look forward to after the wedding and honeymoon.

vicdubya Mon 09-May-05 21:14:06

I suppose I want to spend about £30. They have asked guests not to give anything because we are all travelling a long way and incurring flights, hotels etc but I can't go to someone's wedding and not take a present!!!!

I don;t know them that well it's a relative who I am fond of but don;t see very often.

compo Mon 09-May-05 21:15:08

a nice vase perhaps? or posh candles? champagne is always good too.

morningpaper Mon 09-May-05 21:15:15

What about book vouchers for some honeymoon reading?

dropinthe Mon 09-May-05 21:15:37

Where do they live?

KBear Mon 09-May-05 21:17:08

Where are you flying to for this wedding?

compo Mon 09-May-05 21:17:18

photo albums always go down well as they are so expensive. here's a nice one and it's £30!!

KBear Mon 09-May-05 21:17:29

must type faster, must type faster!

vicdubya Mon 09-May-05 21:21:20

Oh it's Ireland, not the Carribean!!

But it's still quite a long way and we are flying, hiring a car etc

lavenderrr Mon 09-May-05 21:22:27

I remember my sister got my other sister a collage of photos of her life, as a baby, shazy teenager (no insult to the name Shaz btw)...so if you can why not root out some photos of their life....add some background card...and a clip photo frame (ring friends etc) if it were me and I had everything it would mean so much, the thought and effort...did one for my sister's 30th.....it means ringing a few people but I bet they would love it....sorry if not a good idea btw...when is ther big day?

morningpaper Mon 09-May-05 21:24:16

What about buying the top 10 singles from the day that they are married?

kama Mon 09-May-05 21:30:41

Message withdrawn

WestCountryLass Mon 09-May-05 22:00:47

I got my friend a tea at the Ritz and London Eye voucher.

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 22:04:19

How about giving their present on return of their honeymoon. Take a camera with you and take loads of informal snap shots of them and their family/friends. Have them developed and put them (with/without some captions???) in a beautiful photo album - and have it delivered to (or waiting for) them on their arrival home. Wedding photos taken on day normally takje so long to come through - so these will be a fab reminder for them really soon after their honeymoon.

eidsvold Mon 09-May-05 22:13:30

we travelled to Aus for our wedding and so did not want anything too heavy to lug back to the UK - some gift ideas.... wedding album, day out to a tourist attraction, basket of champagne and chocs, money which we put towards a meal whilst on our honeymoon.

Had friends who got married and did not want to do the usual - girft for the house etc, they had a short break just after they got married and then embarked on a long honeymoon in the summer. We organised champagne and chocs to be delivered to one of their hotels for a treat.

vicdubya Tue 10-May-05 20:34:44

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

I like the idea of vouchers for something, will have to see what they have locally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now