Advanced search

Desperately need Housing Advice please

(2 Posts)
sunfleurs Sat 06-Jun-09 15:12:16

Right I have just got off the phone with xh. He has been living at his sisters house, she after a few months of it has unsurprisingly got sick of his drinking and nonsense and is throwing him out. He tells me he is moving back into our HA flat and there is nothing I can do about it. We are separated and have not lived together properly for a couple of years - for some of that he was coming and going but we have not lived together at all for nearly a year.

I am away from home at the moment on a two week holiday so cannot barricade the door or anything (I suspect this has everything to do with the timing of this moving back in angry. Anyway it is joint tenancy. What the hell can I do? He was violent and the police were called a couple of times. He drinks up to 10 cans a night, I CANNOT have this around my dc. Please someone who knows about housing give me some advice. He can have the bloody place for all I care but I will need to be rehoused. Unfortunately there are substantial rent arrears (run up by home over a period of 5 years) but I took responsibility for them when he moved out to get him to go.

Please help me, this is desperate. It is not possible for us to live together, if he is there I cannot be so I am in effect homeless now.

Claire2009 Sat 06-Jun-09 15:14:42

When you go home, go to the Housing Office in town or where ever it is, explain the situation and they should put you into a B&B and then into temp housing until something permanent becomes available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now