Talk

Advanced search

I am having one of those days........

(13 Posts)
serenity Mon 09-May-05 15:42:57

Do you think that there is any chance my mobile could have survived a 40 degree wash? It's sitting on the radiator in the hope it dries out. The SIM card is fine btw.

I'm off to pick up DS1 and 2 from tae kwon do and football now, please let there be some optimistic posts when I get back!?

lunavix Mon 09-May-05 15:44:54

sorry.. I had a samsung flippy top phone about 2 years ago, and it was washed and it died.. something went weird with the screen and you couldn't see anything. SIM was fine though.

On the other hand, a friends nokia has been washed tons and survived. Spose it depends on quality of phone

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:45:17

Well my digital camera survived being left out in torrential rain for several hours.

However my mobile phone died after similar treatment

elsmommy Mon 09-May-05 15:45:21

Mine survived been dropped down the toilet but I've never washed it!!
Although dps didn't survive been chewed by dd last night

Distel Mon 09-May-05 15:46:20

I washed a t.v remote at 100% once

That still works.

serenity Mon 09-May-05 15:47:25

Mine's a Nokia, so I could be lucky then. I've killed a phone with ribena before, I'm just hoping that I can dry this out before it starts to corrode.

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 16:04:08

take it all apart.
dry it off with cotton cloth or kitchen roll.
spray inside of phone(where you can see gold components) with hair spray.
put in airing cupboard for 24 hours.
water damage cannot be repaired, so dont pay anyone who tells you different, hopefully the spray will isolate the damage from spreading and causing corrosoin.
hth

dropinthe Mon 09-May-05 16:14:07

Have dropped mine in a hot cup of coffee-dried it as best I could,turned it off immediately so as not to fuse and it is still working a year later!

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 16:14:38

p.s do it straight away as corrosion spreads very quickly and also if youre battery has contacts on it, spray them too..youre sim card should be fine.

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 16:15:27

some handsets are much more suseptable to water damage..IME nokia are the worst to conk out from a spit of rain

gingerbear Mon 09-May-05 16:18:40

Don't listen to Evesmama, she puts fabric conditioner in her iron

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 16:19:25

<<<snort>>>>
and can you believe im gunna set up my own 'proffesional ironing' business!!!!

serenity Mon 09-May-05 17:06:33

Does it work???? fabric conditioner in the iron?

So busy faffing around with the phone, I was really late to get DD together to go and get DSs. So it was a bit of a bugger when I then couldn't find my car/door keys..........

I had to phone the school to get them to keep an eye on DS2 who finishes before DS1 and then search the flat. Finally found them hidden behind the playstation. DD is not in my good books this afternoon as I suspect she may have been behind the phone incident too. DH says it's my fault for leaving things where she can reach them, which is true I suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now