Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yeah! Just bought another new house!

(25 Posts)
Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 08:49:33

Well... I logged onto the net yesterday morning and had a house search, knowing that our move was going pear shaped. Well, first house to load up was the one we are supposed to be buying! They have put it back on the market (fair eough in circumstances) but without telling us! Really fed up and annoyed about it. We have been in direct contact with them over all this for the past few weeks. We spoke to them at start of week and no indication of this.

So... I kept looking.

We saw some nice new townhouses in same area that we'd looked at before. And considered it, went to have a drive to have a look at site. Looked nice. But not ready until January.

Then Dh saw another ad. Further out of city centre, towards Derbyshire. In a very good area. There were some 4 bed, 3 story town houes on for £290k, with £38k cash back (as it is the last one available and we don't get to make the choices ourselves). Been to have a look and really like it - could imagine living there straight away. Came away and chatted. Talked to out mortgage broker/IFA, who knows area and our situation. Agreed it was good price, good area and we can afford it.

So, we went to have another look. And really liked it. Spent ages wandering round it, been in garden, etc. And now we have reserved it It's ours. And it will be ready before the end of June - possibly before end of this month!!!

So excited

I'll put more details on for you in a sec!

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 08:50:45

This one here is ours

Ground floor

Drive way leading to garage. Access to hall through garage.
Bin store outside leading to doorway.
Hall way, fully carperted, has under stairs storage .
Downstairs toilet (7’10” x 3’5”).
Kitchen diner (14’7” x 12’4”). Integrated dishwasher. Tiled floor.
Garden is fully turfed with small paved area and outside tap.

First floor

To rear: L shaped living room ( 14’7” x 16’8” max) with laminate flooring;
Shower room – with double shower ( 7’7” x 4’2”), tiled floor.
To front: Two single bedrooms (11’4” x 7’5”) and (6’11” x 10’4”). Rooms are carpeted and have built in wardrobes.

Second floor

To rear: double bedroom (14’7” x 10’4”), carpeted and built in wardrobes.
Family bathroom (7’10 x 4’10”) – shower over bath, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
To front: master bedroom (14’7” x 11’10”), carpeted and built in wardrobes.
Ensuite shower room (7’10” x 4’6”), tiled floor and heated towel rail.

Also includes upgraded light fittings, and all light sockets and plug sockets are stainless steel.

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 08:51:11

Like this one . Has plans, etc.

Aragon Mon 09-May-05 09:20:19

Looks lovely - am so envious.

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 09:21:41

Thanks Feel so excited. After all the months of stress over house buying/selling, this is just so exciting! Can't sit still with it all!

Aragon Mon 09-May-05 09:23:39

Nothing more stressful than house buying and selling. After all the stress it's good and so relieving when it finally goes well. Good luck to you.

katzguk Mon 09-May-05 09:30:12

looks lovely

can't wait to come and see it in th flesh!!!

Hows DD this am?

have just popped into work for 5 mins then going home to put my feet up - Yeah for maternity leave. DH said fien to wednesday if your DH wants to go round.

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 09:34:48

oooh good luck hun

we want to move too and have got loads of veiwing ;ined up...i love new too and one we're going to see tonight is a year old, but no one ever moved in(will have to get more info????)...
so send some of your good luck our way(have to talk mortgage people round first)

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 09:35:16

DH can only have DD on Thursday now - he had clients on Wed I am just trying to avoid taking both days off, as it will be all my holidays gone.

DD is fine today. She just has spots, but no illness at all. May take her for a walk later - I will just check there is no one else on the streets we walk on. LOL! She doesn't even have that many spots now and they are mostly scabbed over. I think she has maybe a dozen which are not yet scabby, but none look blistered particularly. She hates seeing her spots, so it is hard to keep checking. They are certainly not itchy anymore. We just have to keep her from nursery for a week as it is their policy - just to be safe.

You guys will have to come round for the girls to p;ay, and for us to have something to eat and drink, once ready. Your baby will probably be here by then too!!!

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 09:35:43

Good luck evesmama!

gingerbear Mon 09-May-05 10:34:05

Looks lovely Hula. at previous house owners not even telling you it was back on the market! Any more news about the sale of your apartment?
Has DD got chicken pox? Bless her. DD had them at 18 months old.

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 10:36:26

Yes, DD came home from nursery on Thursday with them. It's fine though as she is so NOT poorly with the, Frustrating as she can't go out properly and has to miss nursery/Gymboree. She is getting a bit fed up with nothing to do - and I don't know how much more painint, etc I can face!

Our apartment sale is still going through - just slow as ever! Our buyer's mortgage offer sholuld be here imminently - H rang up buyer's mortgage company to find out whow far along it is!

Frizbe Mon 09-May-05 10:45:06

Oh hula that looks lovely, we have a friend in Derby with a similar layout and its great! soooo happy for you
You could try and indoor assult course for your little one? clothes horse tunnels etc? just a thought!

littlemissbossy Mon 09-May-05 10:47:35

Congratulations Hula, it looks lovely

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 11:02:42

DD is having a good time at moment. We got a new bed on Saturday and our old one is being collected by one of those groups that recycle used furniture this afternoon. So the mattress is on the floor in the living room tight now - which DD is using as a trampoline! I gather the spots aren't bothering her as she is throwing herself upwards and then backwards onto it with no cares!

Gobbledigook Mon 09-May-05 11:06:32

Looks good Hula! There is a development not far from us that is really similar to yours - my friend has a town house there a bit like yours and it's lovely.

Can't believe how long this is dragging out! Mind you, we've still not had one offer since last July

soapbox Mon 09-May-05 11:07:58

God Hula - your housebuying life has not been straightforward has it

Looks lovely - will cross fingers that this one works out for you.

Has the flat buyer finally come good or have you got someone else buying it now???

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 11:10:58

GDG; hope something comes along soon.

Ours went on market in August/Sept, and this buyer made us an offer in October time. He is a client of DH's though - so can't imagine we'd have done much better if left to own devices/estate agents. But he isn't a straight forward buyer - he is a businessman, with all the problems that come with it! But hopefullt, it will be soon. We have to exchange in 4 weeks - and house may well be ready in that time.

WE reckon that we will have the master bedroom, and DD the other top floor room. Then we will turn bedroom 3 into a play room, and put a futon or bed settee in bedroom 4 for when friend's stay over (it does fit - we measured it yesterday!)

We will have lving/diner as just a living room. We are not having te fire put in - so that DH's big plasma TV fits along that wall. The off shot bit will be where my PC will go, and out huge beanbag and the book case.

We will then use the kitchen/diner for cooking and eating, as that is the way we prefer to live - and what we are more used too.
Not that I have thought about it that much you understand

sweetkitty Mon 09-May-05 11:12:46

looks lovely hula

pootlepod Mon 09-May-05 11:19:36

Looks lovely!

And all the better for being nearer to Derbyshire! But 4 loos, I have enough hassle cleaning 2!!

Gobbledigook Mon 09-May-05 11:20:23

Hula - we are putting in a new kitchen at the minute - it was the only room that needed doing but it really did need it so hopefully it will have a 'Wow factor' when it's done! This 2 homes business is costing me a fortune!

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 11:28:34

Good luck GDG! A new kitchen is one thing that CAN swing it.

pootlepod - that is DH's job, not mine Might have to consider a cleaner in the future though

Hulababy Wed 11-May-05 09:26:12

Oh at last, some good news. DH has just spoken to our buyer's mortgage company and the mortgage offer has been sent out. It will be in either today or tomorrow's post. Which means we will be completing in the next week presumably. This house selling nightmare might really be coming to an end. It's gone on for what seems like forever. But a light at the end of the tunnel

dyzzidi Wed 11-May-05 09:32:52

OOhh what a lovely house! Congratulations.

Hulababy Thu 12-May-05 09:25:34

Thanks

The moprtgage offer for our buyer has now come through - in yesterday's post. Our buyer is going into DH's offices to sign all the papers on Monday, and he has applied for the money. So we could well be completing on the apartment next week. At last!!!

We are going to go and have another look at our new house on Sunday - taking my parents and PILs (going out for lunch over there too) for a nosey. Going to take my camera, a tape measure and a notepad - so I can work out what we need to buy, etc and where everything will go.

I can't believe it is all starting to work out and come together. Seems almost too good to be true, but so excited now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now