Advanced search

neighbour problems

(11 Posts)
sparklymieow Mon 09-May-05 08:37:05

we went out last night and we got back my mum said that the neighbour's son came round and threatened her!!!! He was pumping his weights in the garden at 9pm and making a niose so mum asked him to stop as she had 3 kids asleep in the house, next thing she knows is he is banging on the door, he said she had no right to tell him to stop because she doesn't live there and its not her house, to which mym mum replied that it wasn't his house either that it was his parents and that he had no repect for his parents or anyone else!!!!! he then threatened that her car wouldn't be thjere in the morning and that it would disappear...... I lived next door to a problem nieghbour before and refuse to live like that again, he has recently come out of prison and thinks he rules the street... didn't have a problem till he came out... what should I do? I am thinking of going to the council..

QueenEagle Mon 09-May-05 08:55:44

Hiya Sparklymieow. It might be worth a call to the council to put on record what happened. Also keep a diary so if this escalates and you need evidence, you will have times, dates, what was said etc to hand.

Your mum was quite within her rights to ask him to keep the noise down. Hope she isn't too shaken up by this.

sparklymieow Mon 09-May-05 09:53:23

she phoned my dad to come down and sit with her she was so scared, she said that he was right in her face...

sparklymieow Mon 09-May-05 18:22:37

found out he also threaten DH... and he was able to make things disappear from my garden.. so I guess I know who stole my BBQ last year now....

assumedname Mon 09-May-05 18:30:23

What about the police?

sparklymieow Mon 09-May-05 18:31:17

I don't think they would come out because he actually hasn't done anything, just all mouth atm

assumedname Mon 09-May-05 18:35:21

Surely it's threatening behaviour, isn't it?

sparklymieow Mon 09-May-05 18:36:34

Hopefuly he will be back in Prison soon..... such a twat..

Tortington Mon 09-May-05 19:30:10

record itwith the police, report itto the council, get diary sheets in case of further outbursts. ask housing officer to write the street or scheme a letter therefore not singling anyone out inparticular reminding them of their tenancy obligations and the line which says " right to enjoy your home" particularly. ask housing officer to go visit parents.

Evesmama Wed 11-May-05 10:25:17

if he's body building is he taking anything to 'help' IYKWIM!!!
that makes people very agressive.

Tortington Wed 11-May-05 13:27:38

how are things now sparklymioew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: