Talk

Advanced search

Charity runs

(6 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 10:37:43

I am thinking of doing a charity run but the entry fee is about £50 which I can't really afford. I was thinking of putting at the top of my sponsor form something like the money raised will cover the cost of entry and the remainder will be donated to X charity. Do you think that would be ok?

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 10:43:58

Probably not ime. I used to help organise a charity run and there were always more applications than actual running slots, so if you don't include the fee they will probably give the place to someone who has

watfordmummy Mon 01-Jun-09 10:46:22

Someone asked about this before and the general consesus (SP?) was that you shouldn't sorry.

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 11:05:36

Would I have to inform the organisers then that I was doing that?

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 11:22:47

I don't think they'd let you nappy. You'd be expected to send the fee in with the application form and if you don't they won't enter you. Is there no way you could raise some of the sponsorship up front and send that as your fee?

nappyaddict Mon 01-Jun-09 12:28:39

What I was going to do was borrow it from somebody and then pay them back once I had the sponsor money in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now